Athrophy a persistent issue with my TRT

Gabapentin messed with me. It initially made me happy feeling and I would bust out laughing hysterically at things. After a short period it would go away. I'd have a seizure, up the dose, giggle for a couple days. It didn't mess with me as bad as some other medications but I didn't have a sex drive on it and I went through some period of time after it where I can only say I was recovering/rebounding from it.

When are your labs pulled compared to the injection? Maybe figure out the day your sex drive is best compared to injection. Injection + 2 days or something. Get labs then and you'll have a view of what levels are there when you're feeling good.

I pretty much always have a sex drive but testicle size varies even at 500ui twice a week. My medication can cause them to be desensitized. Yours is definitely an individual case.

I've added HCG to my routine three times since early December. The first time I took it 2 days after I took my weekly testosterone shot (200mg). I had very good results in term of sex drive and reducing atrophy, but water retention and weight gain were a problem.

I tried it two weeks later by taking it a day before my weekly testosterone shot. This led to no positive results. It seemed to have killed my sex drive and did not improve atrophy.

I then tried it three weeks later by taking it two days after my weekly testosterone shot again, and I did get the same good results in term of a much better sex drive and reduced atrophy. But water retention and weight gain were again an issue.

It's kind of a crap situation I'm in. Adding HCG helps me out a lot but comes with some nasty side effects. Not sure if these would go away over time but they have been bad enough to deter me from taking a second HCG shot the following week.

I saw my endo today and explains my concerns and the predicament I am in. He told me to proceed with the formula that works (200mg test on Wednesdays, 500iu HCG & .25mg anastrozole on Friday) despite the water retention and weight gain. He told me that if the water retention gets real bad, he could prescribe a diuretic to combat it. I told him I would try but if the water retention and weight gain gets bad then I'm not sure how long I will be able to ride it out.

Blood work from December, following 200mg per week (consistently) and a week of HCG + adex.
Test: 760 ng/dl (range 348-1197)
E2: 14 pg/nl (range 7.6-42)

In a previous post I posted my testosterone results as in the 200s. Turns out that was wrong and my endo's staff doesn't know how to read charts.

When I take just testosterone cypionate, my sex drive is very inconsistent and often not good. Aside from that, I usually feel fine. Good amount of energy & appetite, and cognitive skills are good.

When I take testosterone + HCG, aside from the water retention, it usually gives my sex drive a real good boost. Sometimes it won’t improve atrophy, however. And occasionally I will feel somewhat sluggish cognitively.

Back