Baby Beef Liver?

bigblackbear

anyone out there use baby beef liver? or have heard about it? I was turned on to it? But I didn't see any gains? does any out there used before?

bigblackbear said:
anyone out there use baby beef liver? or have heard about it? I was turned on to it? But I didn't see any gains? does any out there used before?

Yeah, I eat liver all the time. Lots of vitamins and minerals...extremely healthy for you. I'm not sure why someone would expect gains just from eating liver. How much did you eat?

I don't use it anymore, it was about 3 yrs. ago this old gym guy told me to take it and it would help me gain. ????????I didn't know any better so I took it. took about 11 tabs a day.

bigblackbear said:
I don't use it anymore, it was about 3 yrs. ago this old gym guy told me to take it and it would help me gain. ????????I didn't know any better so I took it. took about 11 tabs a day.

Oh, you mean the liver tabs.

Still has lots of vitamins and minerals, although I just eat liver instead of taking the supplement.

Think of it as a very healthy vitamin.

If you are iron deficient or something then maybe, as for true gainer NO, thats crap.

Mudge said:
If you are iron deficient or something then maybe, as for true gainer NO, thats crap.

It's true that it's not going to make you gain a bunch of muscle...if that were true then we could make gains just by popping vitamins.

But liver definitely offers more than just iron. It's an extremely rich source of vitamin A, something notoriously defficient in bodybuilding diets. It's an excellent source of the B vitamins, especially B12. It's a rich source of minerals as well, being your richest source of dietary chromium. Definitely healthy stuff, and nothing wrong with taking liver tabs. Just don't expect to gain a bunch of muscle from taking it.

Frosty said:
Just don't expect to gain a bunch of muscle from taking it.

That is assuming you don't have any bad vitamin or mineral deficiencies. In that case it can help. It's also possible that it would just allow you to make gains instead of stalling due to some deficiencies in your diet.

Frosty said:
It's an extremely rich source of vitamin A, something notoriously defficient in bodybuilding diets.

I take various B vitamins seperately. As for vitamin A its shit, you should be popping beta carotine.

Mudge said:
I take various B vitamins seperately. As for vitamin A its shit, you should be popping beta carotine.

What do you mean it's shit?

Liver is THE richest dietary source of vitamin A.

Beta carotine is not vitamin A. Your body CAN convert it into vitamin A, but the conversion is an inefficient 6:1 ratio, and fat is important in the conversion. However, if you are not healthy and functioning optimally, this conversion is even more inefficient. Strenuous physical exercise, excessive consumption of alcohol, excessive consumption of iron (especially from "fortified" white flour and breakfast cereal), use of a number of popular drugs, excessive consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids, zinc deficiency and even cold weather can hinder the conversion of carotenes to vitamin A, as does the lowfat diet.

Back