Baseball Season Is Coming!

Who is Mike Jones? said:
Jays do have a nasty team and if memory serves they made a late run last year and if their pitching stays solid they got a REAL good chance to hold their own

Agreed. Jays could challenge the Yankees. As long as we don't lose the division to the Sawx, I have no problem with the surprise Jays taking the division.

YanksWS96 said:
Agreed. Jays could challenge the Yankees. As long as we don't lose the division to the Sawx, I have no problem with the surprise Jays taking the division.

Agreed . . .

Where do you think SOriano will play this year? Natl's or elsewhere?

YanksWS96 said:
He played left in an exhibition game against the Cardinals this afternoon. If he stops whining, he might stay in Washington.

By the way, interested on hearing my take? http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2006/3/21/231711/827

(I'm trying to work on becoming a sportswriter)

Good stuff! My favorite part was bringing up CHUCK KNOBLAUCH! As a Twins fan I can proudly saw I was at the game in MN when the Yankees played the Twins adn ti was dollar dog night and we all threw hot dogs at him in left field. Glad he's gone!

Who is Mike Jones? said:
Good stuff! My favorite part was bringing up CHUCK KNOBLAUCH! As a Twins fan I can proudly saw I was at the game in MN when the Yankees played the Twins adn ti was dollar dog night and we all threw hot dogs at him in left field. Glad he's gone!

I'll never forget him throwing the ball 11 rows deep in Yankee Stadium and drilling Keith Olbermann's mother in the face. And that's back in the day, when Olbermann was the host of the MLB on FOX. Oh man, what a great time that was!

(By the way, the link in my profile is the link to all of my sports articles - most of them baseball with some hockey, football, and basketball mixed in).

YanksWS96 said:
I'll never forget him throwing the ball 11 rows deep in Yankee Stadium and drilling Keith Olbermann's mother in the face. And that's back in the day, when Olbermann was the host of the MLB on FOX. Oh man, what a great time that was!

(By the way, the link in my profile is the link to all of my sports articles - most of them baseball with some hockey, football, and basketball mixed in).

I live for NFL football and only versed a little in hockey but basketball bores me to tears. I'll check it out

Who is Mike Jones? said:
I live for NFL football and only versed a little in hockey but basketball bores me to tears. I'll check it out
baseball bores me to tears more than basketball...

Football
Hockey
Lacrosse
Basketball
Professional Paint Drying
Baseball
Golf

American league division winners blue jays, angels, cleveland, wildcard pick, detroit

National league really could care less, ill go with the cardinals

06' world series cleveland vs. st. louis cleveland wins in 6 games

Everyone is picking white sox and yanks and red sox, so I choose these teams. Because it is BASEBALL.

HowardRearden said:
CINCY REDS, kids...I'm telling ya. Gonna catch some inspiration from the Bengals.

Maybe if Bronson Arroyo keeps swinging the bat the way he is. He's got more dingers than Bonds. :rockband:

Who is Mike Jones? said:
Soccer? Nascar?
i left 'em off didn't i? lol don't really consider Nascar/NHRA Drag racing a sport...so didn't put them on there...

but i do love NHRA Drags..."Real men go straight to the finish line. The others go around in a circle looking for it."

HowardRearden said:
18 and 8, .692! What did I tell you bout the Reds, you naysayers!!!?

Bronson Arroyo = Cy Young?
"" "" "" "" = Home Run Champ? (just kidding)

Way too close to call, but the yanks aren't even the best team in new york this year. Cinci's hot start will fade and it will be the battle between houston and st. louis just like every year for the nl central, unless the cubbies can get healthy which never happens. What the F is up with Milwuakee and Detroit?!

Detroit will be a big suprise this year if they stay healthy. Thats what has bothered them the last 3 years. Troy percival, carlos guillen, and magglio ordonez were all injured pretty much the whole last year. Plus they have had lots of young pitching. This year they picked up kenny rogers and todd jones, the pitching has really came around and everyones healthy. They have two of the top pitching prospects in joel zumaya and justin verlander. And they have a new manager that isnt afraid to call them out when there not working hard. They'll make a run for it.

Detroit cam out of no where. definite cinci red will be in the playoffs, maybe the astros if their friggin relief pitching doesnt scroo it up like always

joltan said:
Detroit will be a big suprise this year if they stay healthy. Thats what has bothered them the last 3 years. Troy percival, carlos guillen, and magglio ordonez were all injured pretty much the whole last year. Plus they have had lots of young pitching. This year they picked up kenny rogers and todd jones, the pitching has really came around and everyones healthy. They have two of the top pitching prospects in joel zumaya and justin verlander. And they have a new manager that isnt afraid to call them out when there not working hard. They'll make a run for it.

They have made the Twins look sick. I'd rather see DeTroilet than the Chi Sox

I just seen on sportscenter the cubs catcher decked i think a.j. pierjinski in the face, that made my day.

Back