Bench Press Contest in 2 weeks

Thx all.

I don't believe power lifters are big into seriods, I could be wrong. They don't look like they are on steriods, and they are not HUGE in size, but they are strong as shit. Most of the guys were thick but not huge in size.

jucieNjs said:
Thx all.

I don't believe power lifters are big into seriods, I could be wrong. They don't look like they are on steriods, and they are not HUGE in size, but they are strong as shit. Most of the guys were thick but not huge in size.

You are wrong.

I am entering an amature contest in march for the bench, it is a power lifting event where you can do a combined total on the 3, squat, dead and bench...or one of the three..i am goping with the bench...i need to get down to 204-208...my bech is up there, but i am training with a power lifter for bench on sundays, and he has some goos input...i should do ok, as he tells me..my bench is good at 210 right now...

E

eastarr69 said:
I am entering an amature contest in march for the bench, it is a power lifting event where you can do a combined total on the 3, squat, dead and bench...or one of the three..i am goping with the bench...i need to get down to 204-208...my bech is up there, but i am training with a power lifter for bench on sundays, and he has some goos input...i should do ok, as he tells me..my bench is good at 210 right now...

E
almost all pl orginations have a 198 and under class and a 220 and under class so if you cant get below 198 stay as close to 220 on weigh in as you can

DADAWG said:
almost all pl orginations have a 198 and under class and a 220 and under class so if you cant get below 198 stay as close to 220 on weigh in as you can

Yep.

DADAWG, do you compete in powerlifting?

I dont think i can hit 198 and still maintain my strength...i would have to like not eat..i could throw in some test and cut the carbs and even out the protein and lower the fat intake a bit and do some cardio...but that is an awful lot to do for a first time amature meet..and supposed to be all natural meet too..

E

I'd just go 220 bro. If you want you could load some creatine to get a good 10 lbs or so of water. You may as well, it will only make you stronger.

The only advantage to being a lighter guy in your weightclass is that if you and another guy tie, the lighter man wins.

Back