Best Injection Sites?

transcend2007

HRT for life
I have been researching the best injection sites since I lost my fear of the needle over 1 month ago, but I’d love to hear just how people are handling their multiple weekly injections and where they are pinning.

I am with Team Maximus following the 5 day injection test cyp regimen which works awesome for me. I have been rotating glutes which has been fine and dandy.

Now I have included B12 injections into my therapy which I am doing every 2 and half days. Because I understand that this is a long term situation I want to be open to other injection sites and begin rotating through them to avoid the inevitable scar tissue build up on my glutes.

What are the best (least painful) places to inject both my test cyp and now my B12 shots?

How do you guys manage your injection site rotation and what other sites do you use consistently?

ass rotate cheeks. the only reason to rotate injection sites is if ur using stuff that has high potential to leave scar tissue and most cyp and b12 dont do that in the slightest.

Thanks for the info cjw! I thought it was the injection of the pin that caused the scarring. I had not considered it was caused primarily by what was being injected.

On a side note I injected my B12 into my right quad yesterday. I will admit to there being some discomfort that lingered for about 1 hour unlike glute pins for my test cyp. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, just more noticeable in my thigh.

Hey Joey, what gauge/length pin and how much volume are you injecting into you delt?

i used to use a 23g 1.5in pin for the longest time and worked great but got my hands on 25g 1in pins and now that is all i use, nice and smooth! in my delts i dont inject more than 1.5cc at one time, but usually 1cc per delt and if i have to do a 2cc shot when im stacking i do my glutes. dont do my quads much unless i run out of places to pin, everyone is different but my quads get really sore! but i know alot of ppl that like delts and like me i can pin there alot and they dont hurt me at all, i dont get very so if even at all there so thats y i choose my delts.

Glutes, Quads (pin from the outside to avoid your femoral vein & artery!) and delts are the least painful sites for me, in descending order.

Personally I prefer to inject once every 3 days as I'm following a rather aggressive protoco, would rather not inject a large amount of meds once a week which would also limit the sites I could use and prefer the more consistent & stable blood levels this offers.

I'm also more liberal with my injection sites (by necessity due to the number of weekly injections I have to take) and have used: Delts - not my favorite due to joint issues, Quads, glutes, Calves, Biceps and most recently trapezius. I expect to try Lats later in the week.

the pin does not cause scarring. i use a 23 to inject and a 17 to draw out the medicine. I like doing ass or thighs because then the medicine gets to absorb and move around properly in a large muscle group where it has room to dissolve and spread.

I inject B12 with a 29 gauge 1/2" insulin needle directly into the fat around my stomach. Grab a little fat and pin it- No pain at all.

Thanks for all the responses, great info!

MonsterMedic: I was interested in hearing that you have gone beyond the typical injection sites of glutes, quads, and delts. What gauge pins and how much volume have you pinned into your calves, bi’s, and traps?

Thanks for all the responses, great info!

MonsterMedic: I was interested in hearing that you have gone beyond the typical injection sites of glutes, quads, and delts. What gauge pins and how much volume have you pinned into your calves, bi***8217;s, and traps?

I typically use a 23 or 22ga, 1.5" long pin for all injections. However, this does NOT mean I insert the full 1.5" length into all muscle groups.

Bi's* - usually inject 1cc and could probably handle up to 2ccs easily.*
Traps - Injections become "annoying" (notable pain/discomfort) at volumes approaching 1.5cc
Calves* - Can easily handle up to 2cc.*

For comparison, I'm able (and frequently do) inject 3.5-4ccs into my quads or glutes without any discomfort or issue.

*When injecting into either of these sites, insert the needle slowly and always aspirate. I tend to encounter nerves more often in these sites and, in the case of Bis, nick veins more frequently.

Back