Big favor to ask the big guys

Pupil2Prodigy

Onologylearning
My training has evolved many times over the years with new knowledge, the availability of food, quality gym, and my goals of course. I know for a fact I've over trained for atleast the last 4 years. I've always preferred a mon/wed/fri split with tues/thur/sat cardio and sunday rests. I'd log 2+ hours m/w/f and typically 1hr interval sprinting or 2-4 hours of basketball (practicing mostly), some lax 1v1/2v2 here and there. I can sprint with a HR in excess of 210 for long periods of time, I've got excellent endurance that isn't serving my purpose. When I spend 2+hrs lifting it's honest, hardcore, 25-45 second rests between volume and power work. I always recovered for the next workout but my next workout was the following week! I always thought I should be training each muscle group twice a week, I just didn't know how to make it happen. I'm all heart, volume or power, working my butt off and I couldn't recover fast enough to complete separate chest/back/leg group routines twice a week even when limiting my gym time to an hour. I've always enjoyed the in-gym war that is tough training but I've only improved my strength and conditioning and not so much my size. I didn't want to work out w/o being 90-100% but It doesn't take a week to recover.

I came across an old webinar of yates giving advice that confirmed my suspicion of overtraining. Link is set to the specific time**: Dorian Yates Q&A - Bodycoaches.net Webinar Part 1 - YouTube

Below is a new conservative time limiting plan. I like to include but don't always complete 4 second negatives and fascia training. I've had problems with stretching/warming up, always seems to affect me negatively. I'm natural, always have been, plan on cycling but I'm not looking to waste my money training improperly. If you're a big man, please tear this shit apart with opinions, thank you!!

Last edited:
lol, not at all I've been tall, strong, and athletic since I was a child. I was 6ft in 6th grade. If you think addressing and readdressing workout regimens are a waste of time we don't share the same commitment in advancing in sport. I just haven't been able to break 195lb. @ 10% on my 6'2 frame..and change if that matters. Considering your response, it sounds like you have nothing positive to offer so please move on, thanks

Last edited:
I would say start smashing the food. It seems like food is very under rated when it comes to gaining size. Personally, I get better results spending 30-45 minutes in the gym. Hour tops. Remember, u gotta eat big to get big...

Well for the better part of 6mos I was taking in 24g protein mass shake every 3hrs + my meals. I was consuming 5+lbs week of whey isolate. I was consuming 3500+ clean calories everyday. It's gotta be the cardio burning up the calories my muscles need. I'm not sure how much more I can eat, or even how much more I can afford, I'd have to take in more shakes to make up w/e difference there is from the cardio starving my muscle

Last edited:
Protein shakes are shit. U piss most of them outu can't rely on protein shakes as food. I just eat food with no supplements and currently running a test only cycle and I'm seeing better results then when I was consuming half of gnc. Quality food is where its at.. protein shakes do have their place, but not something to rely on. It even says that on the container.. way at the bottom in small print..

Cut ur total cardio in half and you will see gains period. Also make sure the cardio is split over 3 days and cut your splits to 5 days instead of just 3. Your body needs recoup time and just because you give it 24 hrs if u do a shit load of body parta in one work out 24 hrs will not be enough brother.

Good luck

You dunno how much I eat lol. I can hardly stay below 13% because of my love for food, the shakes were taken every 3 hrs regardless, they weren't a substitute

cut your splits to 5 days instead of just 3

I don't know how to do that.. the 3 days are organized as they are because they work together as a group, if one is tired it affects my lifting as a whole. I mean how am I supposed to work shoulders if they're tired from chest or my triceps are tired? What about my back with recovering biceps or vice versa?

Last edited:
I don't know how to do that.. the 3 days are organized as they are because they all affect each other. I mean how am I supposed to work shoulders if they're tired from chest or my triceps are tired? What about my back with weak biceps? (recovering)

My spliy
Chest tris
Back bis
Legs
Shoulders
Traps forearms claves

That split right there should let u work out ur muscle groups with no issues. If am wrong then u can call me a shit head lol. Try it and get back to me. I spend no more than an hour and a half on any given day in the gym to include my 30 min cardio

Protein shakes are not shit. Lots of pros drink a lot of them on top of the massive quantity of food they consume.

I think you should take a few weeks off of the intense cardio based workouts, and see if your weight goes up. As Rich Piana said,"If you are not gaining, eat more. Still not gaining? Eat more, and more.."

I change my workouts every 4-6 weeks, and it helps me a lot, personally. I will also toss in a week of very low reps, higher weight. This seems to really break up the normal workout frequency and rhythm.

EDIT: Not to sound too ridiculous, but try bringing your cals up to around 4500-5000 for a while. My calories are crazy high, and I am making excellent gains, because I eat 9-10 meals a day (some being shakes).

Last edited:
My split
Chest tris, Back bis, Legs, Shoulders, Traps forearms claves

that definitely interests me as a base, something to try out/tweak it. But what about training all of that twice a week, only possible with two-a-days? Morn/Night or w/e

Last edited:
that definitely interests me as a base, something to try out as a base/tweak it. But what about training all of that twice a week, only possible with two-a-days? Morn/Night or w/e

If u want to do bi weekly add the smaller muscle groups to ur daily and then end ur week with what u started. Then every week change your starting body lart. When u stat with legs split ur legs that week to hams and quads. It will work promise.

if only I was 20 lbs heavier 8% bf and sponsored lol

wish I could live this shit fulltime

Little brother I work 50-60 hrs a week. I dont get home sometimes untill 930-1000 at night from work and the gym. I am working a budding mental health oractice that takes all my time. I have a divorce kids to spend time with every oyher weekend and a girlfriend that i just had to let go because she became an insufferable bitch. Dedication. At tgis time last year I was langushing with low test and trying to keep my life togetjer and not eat a bullet.

DEDICATION DETERMINATION HEART AND WILL

if only I was 20 lbs heavier 8% bf and sponsored lol

wish I could live this shit fulltime

I DO live this shit full time, on top of being a full time student, and I am not sponsored. lol

Eat brotha, change up your routine, eat more, focus on proper rest, up your anabolics, etc... if change isn't happening, re-evaluate..

Maybe I came off wrong with the whole protein shake thing. They do have their place. But like what was mentioned about what the pros do, they eat a shitload of food. Yea, I'm sure they take in a lot of orotein shakes but is it because its paying the bills? I'm not trying to come off shitty, but comparing what pros do isn't always a good debate... I would agree with cutting out some of the cardio and trying to squeeze more meals in. It's a bitch eating all day with limited time but it works.

Yea I disagree that proteins are shit. They shouldn't be a crutch in your diet but nothing wrong with a couple shakes a day. Just don't overdue it and put like 3 scoops in, you will def piss out most of it.

My split is:
Legs
Chest
Back
Arms
Shoulders, calves

With two rest days in there depending on how my body feels (I do calves twice a week becauae I want fucking beach balls in my legs lol).

I mix up my work outs every time, never doing the same excercises two weeks in a row. I do random super sets, drop sets, pyramids, low rep high weight etc. Keep my body confused as fuck.

I think youre doing too much cardio brother. That much (and intense) cardio needs more calories, or keep your cals the same and reduce your cardio.

up your anabolics

I am and have always been natural, guys are on the money with the eating/cutting down cardio, my sleep is good, I'm going to develop a program for myself that allows me to train everything twice a week if it kills me!!

Btw stacked, I can absolutely appreciate your work schedule and infection your schooling, I am lucky enough tho to have up to this point, almost 25, not fertilized an egg lol, winning

Last edited:
Look at Michael phelps.. he is a swimmer and would consume atleast 10,000-12,000 calories a day..

Back