Big favor to ask the big guys

Ok riddle me this pupil. If ur doing something to the point it kills you are you really doing it to the best of your ability for one and is it for your benefit.

Think about it. Listen to tgose of us who have been there. Thosenof ua in our late 30s and 40s have made the same mistake. Over trained too much cardio and not getting enough rest and sleep wasnt just it. We r not telling u anything in bad faith. Start out with a base work out see where it takes you and go from there.

Oh shit, I must have missed that line where it said you are natural. You DEFINITELY need to cut out lots of the cardio then, and focus solely on packing on mass. I am on a lot of gear, and I do minimal cardio while bulking.

I am and have always been natural, guys are on the money with the eating/cutting down cardio, my sleep is good, I'm going to develop a program for myself that allows me to train everything twice a week if it kills me!!

I don't think you need to train everything twice a week. I'm 100% natty (for now) and am still seeing gains after 8 years in the gym and I only train each group once a week (except calves ;)).

I try and work as many complex lifts into as many days as possible which means I am pretty much working everything every time I train, just not as hard as they would be worked on their dedicated day.

I mke a diet, roll with it until I stop growing and then find ways to squueze in more food. I don't do much cardio other then some incline walking (I admit I need to start doing more to lean out a bit more).

I dont think your split makes as big a difference as the excercises you choose to do in your split. Isolation workouts have their purpose, but complex lifts are king.

If u think about it, swimming and basically what your doing burns a lot of calories.. so u need to maintain what your burning and then add to it to gain..

If u think about it, swimming and basically what your doing burns a lot of calories.. so u need to maintain what your burning and then add to it to gain..

you're right, for the longest time I just kept working knowing it was wrong figuring I would eventually straighten the whole thing out

Hind sight is 20/20... We all have been there before. Sometimes making mistakes is the best way to learn. I can tell your a lil frustrated. You'll get there..

Keep it simple, bud. Don't count calories, just eat. If you don't gain anything, eat more. If your bf starts going up, cut back a bit. Cardio is going to be your limiting factor. Hell, I don't even take the stairs sometimes because I try to be as lazy as possible when I am resting.

The best tip I have ever received about exercise, and achieving results was this:"If you train hard, you need to learn to rest hard." No need to explain this one, but it's an important concept few people apply.

Back