big legs...bigger upper body

Vinni

Can anyone give me a physiological explanation as to why bombing your legs will spur growth in your upper body? Ive heard this so many times yet noone has explained how this is possible.

Thats not what im asking.

I never said it wasnt true. Im simply asking for detailed answers as to why this happens. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

diesel's analogy is very sound. Think of yourself as a tree, your top part cannot get bigger unless the bottom part grows along with it.

I have tried it and it works.

Heavy core exercises like squats and deads work more muscles than any other exercise. So you cause more hypertrophic stimulus.

Yes the top can grow without the bottom, I have seen alot of guys with big arms and chest but chicken legs. These guys focus on the upper body which involves more isolated movements. The reason big legs means big upper body is because in order to get bigass legs you must do squats or deads. Which are known as compound movements which incorporate more muscle groups which in turn creates the release of more testosterone allowing the upper body to grow more efficiently.

Insane_Man said:
Heavy core exercises like squats and deads work more muscles than any other exercise. So you cause more hypertrophic stimulus.

Cosigns. Squats and deads stimulate the CNS to a greater degree, therefore causing more growth overall.

90% of the guys running around most gyms look like they are riding a chicken because they are neglecting leg work .
what these guys said about heavy squats and deads stimulating hormone release and cns stimulation is true but imo the real reason that the guys with well developed legs are also even more developed in the upper body than the guys with stick legs and good upper bodys is that the guys doing heavy squats and deads are obviously more deddicated and determined than the others . if you have the testicles to gut out rep after rep of heavy squats and deads till your lightheaded and ready to puke then going to failure and beyond on concentration curls just aint that tough ;)

DADAWG said:
90% of the guys running around most gyms look like they are riding a chicken because they are neglecting leg work .
what these guys said about heavy squats and deads stimulating hormone release and cns stimulation is true but imo the real reason that the guys with well developed legs are also even more developed in the upper body than the guys with stick legs and good upper bodys is that the guys doing heavy squats and deads are obviously more deddicated and determined than the others . if you have the testicles to gut out rep after rep of heavy squats and deads till your lightheaded and ready to puke then going to failure and beyond on concentration curls just aint that tough ;)
well said!!!;)

Legs are always something I used to neglect. Not sure why, but maybe coz they are not on display like chest or biceps. Having been training on them hard for 5 months I also know that after a heavy leg session its gonna be sore walking round for the next so many days :(

While I dont look like a chicken how is it possible to help my legs(which are less well developed than my upper body) develop faster than my upper body to catch up?

Back