bigger legs means bigger arms

Yes it is someone else's turn so I promise to shut the fuckq up after this and listen but isn't it funny how we don't see our progress? I know in my case, and I don't have huge arms by any stretch of the imagination, but I get a lot of compliments from total strangers... a lot about my arms. Lol. I guess for the average society norm there above that, I guess. But I want them BIGGER!! HAHAHA. Any of you guys know what I mean? Experience similar shit?

We all have a case of reverse anorexia...They look in the mirror and they're never small or skinny enough and we look in the mirror and we're never big enough!! Funny how we mind fuck ourselves...shit I've been chasing the same pump all my life, you know the one when you look in the mirror and think man if I could just look this big all the time and the years go by, your arms are 4 inches bigger and you're still saying the same thing!! Lol, love this life!

So I gotta ask, when u work arms are they sore the next day?? U know from fiber trauma or whatever the technical term is these days. Point being, I've always heard that you want to let the muscle heal up some before blasting it again. But if your making progress on this ideaology, Ct Fletcher training, then I want to understand how it works. I'd love to give this style a go but every time I have the next day soreness makes me hesitate because of what I previously said...about fiber trauma and time to heal. Or Maybe is it that you don't train to the point of next day pain?? Lift lighter more reps?? Thanks for any insight n this bro.

try working out a sore muscle (with moderate intensity) , you'll actually feel better and less sore afterwards cause the workout will drive blood, glycogen, water, nutrients, etc. to the muscle. this is called 'active recovery' , and it works great for high frequency training (which also works great for body parts like arms, and calves).

of course this does not mean 'overload' a single muscle group daily, you won't be able to recover. so you have to adjust your WEEKLY training volume. If you've always done say 20 sets of bicep work on your once per week arm day , don't suddenly decide to switch over to high frequency training and then do 20 sets of arms every day! you need to increase the volume, say 25 sets, but then spread that volume out over the week.

try working out a sore muscle (with moderate intensity) , you'll actually feel better and less sore afterwards cause the workout will drive blood, glycogen, water, nutrients, etc. to the muscle. this is called 'active recovery' , and it works great for high frequency training (which also works great for body parts like arms, and calves).

of course this does not mean 'overload' a single muscle group daily, you won't be able to recover. so you have to adjust your WEEKLY training volume. If you've always done say 20 sets of bicep work on your once per week arm day , don't suddenly decide to switch over to high frequency training and then do 20 sets of arms every day! you need to increase the volume, say 25 sets, but then spread that volume out over the week.

Yeah, I follow. Thanks for the input my friend. I will definantly apply this idea. I generally do arm 3 Times a weeks, staying away from daily hitting them as the pain the next day after a good workout scares me away from the daily idea. Think I'll give this idea a try tho. At least see how it goes for a.few weeks. Can always go back to the old way, in the worst case scenario. Thanks!!

Another way to bring up a single lagging body part , while not practiced that often in bodybuilding (weight lifting and power lifting, yes), is to do a muscle specific block periodization cycle.

heres an example of a 12 week training cycle broken down into 3 blocks- just for arm training

-4 week - Strength block - heavy weight 4-6 reps. with ALL your arm exercise working sets (not include warms ups)
-4 week - Hypertrphy block - Moderate weight 6-10 reps.
-4 week - Metabolite block - Lighter weight 10-20 reps for the 'pump' with plenty of drop sets.

after 12 weeks you'll of hit all fiber types, developed strength, hypertrophy and blood and water volume, and should have made progress.

some guys will take the above principle but change it to a type of undulating periodization . Where over 12 weeks you do all the same things, but its broken down weekly instead of separate 4 week blocks.
so during the week one arm day is a strength only day , one arm day is a hypertrophy only day , one day a pump only day.
^ I personally don't think this is as effective , as your 'pump' day can effect your performance on strength day . Plus your not as focused on one specific goal during the training block , so making specific adaptations is more difficult.

There you go brother arms have grown a n inch and a half since I've been hitting em every day I'll get my misses to take a picture tried taking a couple then and you can't see dick

Last edited:
Back