blood donation complete

bigtimechief

Simple, easy, and fast - and most of all, healthy. I went through the Red Cross and the process was quick and painless. I'll be doing again when the time comes.

20101224161625!Son-i-am-proud.jpg

Simple, easy, and fast - and most of all, healthy. I went through the Red Cross and the process was quick and painless. I'll be doing again when the time comes.

Good stuff, just did the same last wednesday, definitely a wise decision, healthy, helps others and is a must do in my book as long as they accept your blood.

You are on your way to living longer bro. This is an oil change for guys...
I don't know if you are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or cycle but if you do this is a huge relief for your body.
What was your hemoglobin going in this test?

You are on your way to living longer bro. This is an oil change for guys...
I don't know if you are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or cycle but if you do this is a huge relief for your body.
What was your hemoglobin going in this test?

I'm 3 weeks in to a test deca cycle. 600 test, 400 deca. I haven't tested my on cycle hemoglobin yet. I'll be getting bloods around week 6 or a bit later. I'll keep everyone posted with the results.

although, i might do it sooner to see where my estro is sitting.

I felt great after the donation. It's funny, because the nurse said the exact same thing: "it's an oil change for your body." Awesome.

I'm about ready for a donation. Do you have to call ahead and make an appointment, or just walk in? And is it free. I'm a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient and my levels aren't high but getting close.

I'm about ready for a donation. Do you have to call ahead and make an appointment, or just walk in? And is it free. I'm a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient and my levels aren't high but getting close.

Yes, call and make an appointment. Some blood drives take walk-ins, but if they're busy you'll be waiting...

Yes, donations of any kind are free.

i got my appointment next saturday, will hit the gym in the morning, shower and head straight to donate blood, donated once, took about 5 minutes

Very important thing to do for those of us that cycle, and especially those on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) who blast and cruise.

My Hematocrit was 49 a few weeks ago so I gave blood then went in a week later for labs and my Hematocrit had fallen to 47.5.

I have been on for years so it seems like my Hematocrit does not elevate out of range. Must be genetic.

Recently did this for the first time and learned 3 things for next time:
1) Hydrate more (makes process easier and less likely to be turned away if you're near the high point)
2) Skip the coffee day of donation
3) Skip the low-dose aspirin for 48 hrs prior if you're taking it.

My Hematocrit was 49 a few weeks ago so I gave blood then went in a week later for labs and my Hematocrit had fallen to 47.5.

I have been on for years so it seems like my Hematocrit does not elevate out of range. Must be genetic.

Bring it down to 45

^ mp. Water, coffee and aspirin do not affect hematocrit levels. Nothing does. Only blood letting.

You're saying hydration state does not affect hematocrit reading? Please explain.
Skipping aspirin is just so I can say "NO" to one more question on the questionaire.
Coffee doesn't affect hematocrit, but makes the veins pop less according to the phlebotomist.

You're saying hydration state does not affect hematocrit reading? Please explain.
Skipping aspirin is just so I can say "NO" to one more question on the questionaire.
Coffee doesn't affect hematocrit, but makes the veins pop less according to the phlebotomist.

No it does nothing. your idea is to dilute the blood?

So the asprin and coffee part is what, just to skip a question on the test and to make veins pop? Those don't change hCT levels. And the state of hydration can TEMPORARILY affect hCT but not in the long term. The body is good at regulating hydration through urination. Drink more water or less water to manipulate HCT levels and the body will urinate more or less respectively to balance it out. That's why donating blood is the only real way of having lasting results.

Back