bloodwork results

roidfree

Hi all,

I just finished a 11 week cycle of test p (500mg/wk) 2 months ago and went to get my bloods done recently.

To my surprise my natty test is now 19nmol/L beating the pre cycle of 17nmol/L.

However the downside is, my haemoglobin is @ 191 (normal ranges 130 - 180 g/L) and my hematocrit(PCV) is at 0.56 (normal ranges 0.40 - 0.55).

I was hoping if someone could shed some light in how these figures could possibly affect my overall health as it will help me re-assess my next cycle.

Despite the question, yes I'm going to donate blood in the next few days.

Thanks!

You need to post lab ranges for your test, and state if it's free or total.

You need to drain your blood yesterday. You won't be able to donate at 56% hCT.

Overall health is terrible.

Sorry, what do you mean I am unable to donate? it will affect the patient recieving it?

Unsure, because my doctor recommended me to go redcross.

Sorry, what do you mean I am unable to donate? it will affect the patient recieving it?

Unsure, because my doctor recommended me to go redcross.

Yes. They will test your hematocrit prior to donating and you will be rejected. Your blood is too thick.

apparently the normal ranges you can donate here is between 0.4 and 0.55, however mine was detected at 0.56. Prior to the test, I have not consumed any liquids or food for the last 14hrs. I knew I had to be fasted for a accurate test on my cholesterol levels, however I wasn't so sure I could drink water so I was dehydrated during the test.

Will visit red cross anyway, in hopes they draw my blood and they destroy it after if anything is wrong with it.

Thanks anyway.

Red Cross does not do therapeutic phlebotomies. Any place that would, will require a prescription from your doctor.

are you a female by any chance? its also normal for a female to have a lower range hemetocrit as males generally have .4+.

thanks for info, will drink plenty of water and eat something before i go red cross. Want this excess blood gone so i can drop the paranoia lol.

Hi all,

I just finished a 11 week cycle of test p (500mg/wk) 2 months ago and went to get my bloods done recently.

To my surprise my natty test is now 19nmol/L beating the pre cycle of 17nmol/L.

However the downside is, my haemoglobin is @ 191 (normal ranges 130 - 180 g/L) and my hematocrit(PCV) is at 0.56 (normal ranges 0.40 - 0.55).

I was hoping if someone could shed some light in how these figures could possibly affect my overall health as it will help me re-assess my next cycle.

Despite the question, yes I'm going to donate blood in the next few days.

Thanks!
What were your LH/FSH at? For those of us on this side of the pond, he went from 490ng/dL to 548ng/dL. Honestly, that's not a HUGE swing as the time of day you get your blood drawn could cause that difference easily. Totally agree with Austinite above. You *might* get lucky and get someone who only checks your hemoglobin, but don't be surprised if they send you on your way.
No, I'm not a female. Sex is not relevant.

Can I at least pretend you're DLB? :D Such a gorgeous woman!

I don't remember looking at LH/FSH levels, i don't think they were even listed. just the amount of total testosterone.

Will check my results again when i get home.

And yes, redcross has refused to take blood from me because my haemoglobin was too high. I will ask my doctors for a therapeutic phlebotomy after work today.

Thanks.

Absolutely. It's the responsible thing to do.

When one cuts out the T...it usually drop quite a bit though...
But still...I"m with Austin on this one. It's the responsible thing to do.
I believe 1 pint per month is good to drain out of your system if "on cycle."
Problem is those blood collector staff look over your body, arms e.t.c.
and they make observations...if they see a huge muscular ripped beast there to donate blood with 18 hemoglobin...lol
they will most definitely get suspicious. You're assured a deeper interview with more questions...
lol

oh, the ranges for test is between 8mmol-28mmol. im somewhere around 19ish.

19 is a decent number....
the units are Nmol/L which is what labs in Canada mostly use.
To convert Nmol/L to ng/dl all you do is multiply the "19"(you have) by 28.84
How old are you b.t.w.?
How many "cycles" have you done ever?

Back