Bro's: PLEASE tell me you're concerned about your PROSTATE Health???

Drveejay11

I am banned!
EVERY MALE who uses gear should at least be aware of potential Prostate problems from supraphysiological amounts of Test floating around (-----> DHT).

You should take a PREVENTATIVE STANCE with respect to reducing his chances for prostate disorders as well!
(see below as I listed supps to take vs proscar/propecia as these have undesirable side effects. They also exhibit taxing attributes on the liver, like we need more of that!!!!)

It's a serious thing bro's!

BPH(Benign Prostate Hyperplasia)
• Prostate Cancer
• Enlarged Prostate
• Prostatitis

Each year over 400,000 men in the United States undergo prostate surgery and over a billion dollars a year is spent on prostate treatment. Surgery often results in incontinence and impotence.

Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death for men after lung cancer. Ninety percent of prostate cancer goes completely undetected until it is untreatable. By the age of 50, one third of all men have cancer cells in their prostates. Odds are 2 to 1 you'll have prostate problems by the age of 60. By the age of 65 most American men have enlarged prostates.
The first signs are night urination and difficult urination. Literally 97% of all men will be affected with prostate problems before they die.

GREAT SITE should yo care to learn more: http://www.prostatehealth.com/indexprostate.html

Last edited:
Great product! (Roex.com)

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Roex® ADVANCED MEN'S FORMULA a Saw Palmetto, Pygeum, Stinging Nettle Complex with Zinc, plus support herbs Cranberry, Pumpkin Seed, Echinacea, and vitamins B6, D, E which has been designed to assist in promoting a healthy prostate.*

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 50.00 mg

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 200.00 I.U.

Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 100.00 I.U.

Copper (as Cupric Oxide) 1.00 mg

Zinc (as Zinc Chelate) 15.00 mg

Saw Palmetto Berry 320.00 mg

Glutamic Acid (as l-Glutamic Acid) 250.00 mg

Glycine (as l-Clycine) 250.00 mg

Lysine (as l-Lysine HCL) 250.00 mg

Glycine Max Bean (Soy) 150.00 mg

Echinacea Purpurea Herb 120.00 mg

Stinging Nettle Leaf 120.00

Pyguem Africanum Bark Extract 120.00

Curcurbita Pepo Seed (Pumpkin) 100.00 mg

Saw Palmetto Berry Extract 100.00 mg

Vaccinium Macrocarpon Extract (Cranberry) 75.00 mg

Beta Sitosterol 21.00 mg

The ingredients ROEX® has combined in THE ADVANCED MEN'S FORMULA® Prostate Complex were chosen due to their documented nutritional support for a healthy prostate and urinary tract function. Key to this formula is the extract of the herb Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens), which has been shown to promote healthy prostate. To this formula ROEX® adds additional nutritional support such as Zinc Chelate, Pumpkin Seed, Pygeum Bark Extract (Prunus africana), Cranberry Extract, Stinging Nettle Root, and Echinacea purpurea, as well as vitamins B6, D, E and amino acids Glycine, L-Lysine and Glutamic Acid. ROEX® ADVANCED MEN'S FORMULA® Prostate Complex is based on the latest scientific research for optimal prostate and urinary tract health.

* This product contains NO wheat, sugar, starch, egg, dairy, yeast, or corn products, animal derivatives, artificial colors or flavors.

For men aged 35 and older, Roex® Advanced Men's Formula is a must!
Man's answer to a worrisome problem - prostate health
Contains 15 different herbs, extracts, vitamins and amino acids that synergistically support prostate health
Cranberry extract, Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle root, and essential amino acids, help to maintain healthy urinary function within the body
Roex® Advanced Men's Formula also consists of Zinc, an integral component for a healthy prostate.

Great reminder...., great links...., great post......

Wanna know how I really feel ? :D

I take Saw Palmetto year round, I go with the old saying, "a an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

StoneColdNTO said:
Great reminder...., great links...., great post......

Wanna know how I really feel ? :D

I take Saw Palmetto year round, I go with the old saying, "a an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

I do also bro!!!!!! When ON, I add some off the things mentioned above as well for "added protection". What's the worst that can happen? My prostate SHRINKS? GEEZ......what a shame! LOL ;)

Last edited:
needsize said:
This is why I'm running finasteride

I hear you bro..........finasteride works great.

I posted this with hopes of evoking an interest in natural/herbal remedies as opposed to pharmceuticals. I feel the liver-taxing properties of finasteride should NOT be appealing to a bro who's already subjesting his liver to significant stress from gear and certain ancillaries.......just trying to provide a healthier/safer OPTION ! ;)

Hey...VJ....I got a question for ya;

The Saw I was taking, each sofgel contained; Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (Seenoa repens) 160 mg, standardized to contain 85-95% fatty acid sterols

The new brand, each sofgel contains; Saw Palmetto Berries (Seenoa repens) 1600 mg, derived from 160 mg of a 1:10 standardized extract containing 85-95% fatty acids

Are they different or the same thing with just a play on the wording.

StoneColdNTO said:
640 mg a day, (4 sofgels), but see my post just prior to this one.

yea, the saw palmetto I have comes in 160 mg per softgel. (standardized for 85-95% fatty acids and bilogically active sterols) whatever the hell that means. I only take one per day, but by the sounds of it I should be taking more

I didn't know finasteride was harsh on the liver. Can anyone dig up some info on this? I'm really curious, because I have run it with orals before... I normally split proscar tabs into 4 and take 1.25 mgs per day.

The info says that at age 35 or around men should look into the anti prostate supplementation.
What about people who use gear, when should they start?
Do you think a 25 year old should be worrying about his prostate at that young age?

StoneColdNTO said:
Hey...VJ....I got a question for ya;

The Saw I was taking, each sofgel contained; Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (Seenoa repens) 160 mg, standardized to contain 85-95% fatty acid sterols

The new brand, each sofgel contains; Saw Palmetto Berries (Seenoa repens) 1600 mg, derived from 160 mg of a 1:10 standardized extract containing 85-95% fatty acids

Are they different or the same thing with just a play on the wording.

GOOD EYE StoneCold.......IMO, it's a play on words or better labeled SLEAZY MARKETING!

LOL

jyzza said:
The info says that at age 35 or around men should look into the anti prostate supplementation.
What about people who use gear, when should they start?
Do you think a 25 year old should be worrying about his prostate at that young age?

I think it's not too early to start even in the 20's, especially if one uses AAS.
Also, remember that the prostate is a sex organ; most of the seminal fluid (ie, jizz) is made in the prostate. Important for nourishing the spermatozoa (as well as your g/f!) Whoops, sorry!
Prostate enlargement isn't the only thing that'll get you. Very young men can develop acute or chronic prostatitis. Not fun!
But at any rate, the prostate generally enlarges slowly over a period of years, so there's no reason to wait until the 40's or 50's when symptoms arise to pay attention to it. That's sort of like waiting until the coronary arteries are 90% stenosed, and chest pain begins, to change the diet and look at HDL and inflammation in the bloodstream.
So yes, at least some zinc, a good multi, and maybe some saw
palmetto, and other herbs.

buffdoc said:
I think it's not too early to start even in the 20's, especially if one uses AAS.
Also, remember that the prostate is a sex organ; most of the seminal fluid (ie, jizz) is made in the prostate. Important for nourishing the spermatozoa (as well as your g/f!) Whoops, sorry!
Prostate enlargement isn't the only thing that'll get you. Very young men can develop acute or chronic prostatitis. Not fun!
But at any rate, the prostate generally enlarges slowly over a period of years, so there's no reason to wait until the 40's or 50's when symptoms arise to pay attention to it. That's sort of like waiting until the coronary arteries are 90% stenosed, and chest pain begins, to change the diet and look at HDL and inflammation in the bloodstream.
So yes, at least some zinc, a good multi, and maybe some saw
palmetto, and other herbs.

good point

Back