Buffdoc- Dbol and Hairloss

geoboy

yes its me
I'm pretty prone to hairloss, but tolerate EQ at 200 mg/wk ok (never tried more). since one of the writeups by a mod at another forum indicated that dbol is EQ with a methyl group added (i think i got that right), he claimed that for this reason dbol was pretty easy on hair.

I was wondering what you thought (please say you agree with him :D )

it is veryy veryy bad for the hair! personally i wouldn't use it ever again unless i was using an anti-e and finasteride to prevent all of the side effects that come with it.

Damit!!! Thats what I had always thought to be the case, but Big Cat's writeup on BB.com had it as mild since close to EQ chemically.

Is it better or worse on hair than Test Prop/Test Suspension?

molecularly speaking, adding a -CH3 group or an -OH group to a molecule could make a world of difference. things can be amplified, decreased or completely changed by adding small groups like that.
for me..test prop wasn't so bad on my hairline...but everyone is different. i think i was very sensitive on dbol. i was taking 15mg a day for 9 days and I had major side effects (major bloat, swollen prostate, nosebleeds, insomnia, depression). test prop I had almost none except for a little water retention. that's what I use as an alternative to dbol. i never used test susp so I couldn't tell you... good luck bro

Last edited:
Sorry, I just saw this.
Dbol is VERY dissimilar to EQ. It's like the differences between test, progesterone and test. Same steroid nucleus, small difference in side groups = MAJOR difference in action. All these drugs share the same cholesterol-based steroid nucleus; the differences that a side chain, or methyl group can make, are amazing (as was rightly pointed out above).
As far as hair loss, the same things we've said before still apply:

1) If one is genetically predisposed to androgenetic alopecia (AA), then exposure to androgens puts you at risk for AA. Of course, you'll be exposed to your own endogenous androgens, whether you juice or not.

2) Sudden hair loss during a cycle is most likely NOT caused by AA. Why? Because AA is a slow process of hair miniaturization which takes place over a number of anagen/telogen cycles (see my write-up on the Articles Forum). These cycles go for years.
No matter how many times we say this, people get the idea that AA can happen "overnight". It doesn't.

3) Sudden hair loss during a cycle may be due to telogen effluvium (TE). This occurs as a response to stress, fever, drug reaction, pregnancy, severe illness, dieting, etc. (see a pattern emerging here?)
If this is the case, many times hair lost to telogen effluvium will regrow as the anagen cycle reccurs.

4) #3 above may be responsible for the countless stories we hear on these boards about this drug or that being "hard on the hairline". I've heard this about essentially every commonly used Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) out there. Sometimes, the preconception or fear of hairloss forces one to pay more attention to the hairline, and the natural progression of AA is blamed on the AAS.
Or, during a particular cycle, a high stress level or illness or fevers may lead to TE. The drug is again blamed, leading to the mythology that tren, or primo, or Winstrol (winny), or test, or you-name-it, is "hard on the hairline", as opposed to other androgens or anabolics. (And we often hear that "the hair came back after I went off). This will NEVER happen with AA!

5) All and all, guys, you pays your money and you takes your chances. There IS no specific drug regimen, or cycle, that will necessarily protect one from hair loss, either TE or AA.

6) "It's the milieu, not the medicine". I made that little dictum up just now (sharp, huh?) What it means in essence is this: it's the whole biogenetic, psycho-social, environmental package that determines hair loss, one's genetics, one's age, one's general health, the rapidity of one's past hair loss, if any, and much, much more.
Bottom line? If you are programmed to be a Class VI or VII bald man, it WILL happen (barring intervention w/ meds or surgery) even if you don't ever TOUCH an anabolic/androgenic steroid!

thanks Buffdoc. I've been saying the same thing about TE vs AA for awhile on different boards.

as an aside, it's interesting that since I'm already over the hill (and have gone tru hair-transplant) the coomon AA area doesn't have any to lose, so when I take 1-TU I get a TE on sides by temples (most noticable there, it might be diffuse but can't notice elsewhere). When I stop, it always grows back.

geoboy said:
thanks Buffdoc. I've been saying the same thing about TE vs AA for awhile on different boards.

as an aside, it's interesting that since I'm already over the hill (and have gone tru hair-transplant) the coomon AA area doesn't have any to lose, so when I take 1-TU I get a TE on sides by temples (most noticable there, it might be diffuse but can't notice elsewhere). When I stop, it always grows back.

Interesting. That demonstrates a TE as well as anything I can imagine.
Thanks

How much was your transplant? Can you give some other aspects( ie recovery time, the look, where it was done, what type of loss you had prior and how much) Just curious because I am prone to AS as well. If you dont want to talk about it, thats cool too.

nu2dagam said:
How much was your transplant? Can you give some other aspects( ie recovery time, the look, where it was done, what type of loss you had prior and how much) Just curious because I am prone to AS as well. If you dont want to talk about it, thats cool too.

mine was in dark ages of transplants- everything different now (better & cheaper) check outr bosley medical; and www.thebaldtruth.com

Back