Ca edd

mp5navy187

Im currently On L.O.A. From work due to surgery an am not returning to work anytime soon.... disability benefits Are not a thrid of what I make when Im working... But I got offered a part time postion only 2 days week like 15 hrs a week working at my college... Would that stop me from receving disability benefits?? I always thought if it was more than what you were collecting then they would stop the claim?

That's a question for the state/your HR to answer as I'm sure it varies from state-to-state. I have a feeling that it would prevent you from collecting benefits, but I don't know California's laws. Good luck! :)

If they see your able to work, they'll probably cut u off. But I'm no lawyer! Just be careful and if u want to work, do it under the table

Ive been reading if your working part time or at a temp postion like under 20 hrs a week an your making more than what they state is paying you, your ok...? Or tho thats what im reading>?

U have to make under a certain amount. Not sure what it is there but it's like $1000 a month here.

Its a catch 22. They don't pay enough to live on but they wanna take it away if you try to supplement it with a job instead of more assistance from the state. Meanwhile down the street theres a guy that has never had a job in his life getting 800 bucks a month for food, a free place to live and a Obama phone.....All compliments of the tax payers.. It just doesn't seem right....

Back