Calf Size is genetic and you can't make them bigger.

Hey angrymuscles. If u got your calves to grow from 11-16in. don't think u need to be asking how to get them to grow. Damn!! if i could make that kind of progress. How many yrs did it take u to get them to grow like that?? or did u have a hellava growth spirt?? or really good gear :insane2: 5'' on calves. Very impressive. What all did u do?? what were the workouts like?? just 1x a wk or more??
how long have u been lifting again??

counting from where I started doing calf raises, I'd say around 5-6 months. I dunno..it just grew..and I've been lifting for 1 year and 4 months now.
honestly, I killed my calves with overtraining at first and they're not advisable. then settled down, did heavy sets..and I mean heavy that'll your calf cry. then started squatting.
here's a pic of me doing seated calf raises..yeah, it looks thin..

Last edited:
guess so, Josh
I don't have a pic of my 11" calves.
I really only do them once a week.
I really have a chicken legs and calves back then(with all the smoking, drugs, alcohol and other shits)
oh and that's 174 on the calf raise.
max is 250
wanting 300

were u on gear those 6 months?? Even that...damn...5in haven't heard of those kinda gains...suppose if u were heavy into drugs/drinking and just up and quit might make some major gains....still thats pretty incredable.
Mine are almost 18in now after lots of hrs in the gym and putting on the feed bag...still don't think mine are worthy or shorts :p course i'm half :insane2:

no, i'm never into juicing.
well, my dad told me that while you're about to sleep, in bed while lying, do some cal stretching for probably some 30 mins or so till you can't do it no more and that's that. ofcourse, it doesn't mean it will work for anyone. well, he was a bad-ass calf. ^-^

and I would really say it's all about genetics. sure, I'am a hardgainer but got lucky on that part. honestly, it still look kinda thin. wouldn't mind if it's 18 or 20. haha
oh, and I love to walk for miles everyday, does that count?
excuse me for the extra posting

worthy of shorts now that is a good question, considering when u where shorts and yuo dont have blessed calves it looks disproportinate even if yuo have 30inch quads, sux but what are ya going to do.

As long as my squat dead and bench is movin up i am happy, as for my calves, its a touchy subject lol :-0

I read a great tip in a muscle mag saying to hold your calves on the up move for 5 seconds, then go down and repeat. Great advice big time cuz if you do 30 sec breaks in between sets it KILLS your calves. Also i started going them three times a week (on the advice of an amatuer bodybuilder) and that has also been helpfull.

AngryMuscles said:
11 before 16 now
not really a hardgainer, josh...
Come on now, who really measures their calfs when they are that small...NOBODY! Your statement is b.s.

I'm living proof of the fatass = big calves thing. I walked around about 36% BF from the time I was about 8 until about 14, and my calves were cockdeisel all the way. After I lost about 55lbs as a soph in high school, my calves retained size, but I started running cross country, so they somehow increased in length.........now the only way I can get them to grow is with 100 rep sets (a la Doggcrapp) and heavy ass weight (used 435 on donkey calves last week).

YOu use heavy weight for 100 straight reps?

SpikeyLizard said:
I'm living proof of the fatass = big calves thing. I walked around about 36% BF from the time I was about 8 until about 14, and my calves were cockdeisel all the way. After I lost about 55lbs as a soph in high school, my calves retained size, but I started running cross country, so they somehow increased in length.........now the only way I can get them to grow is with 100 rep sets (a la Doggcrapp) and heavy ass weight (used 435 on donkey calves last week).

Hell I could leg press 730, and probably 820 on a good day, and I have tiny little ass calves.

Yeah, u might be able to leg press 820, but how many times?? think of doing half that for 100 STRAIGHT reps. Thats gotta be killer.

I usually do pyramids. 730 on the leg press I can do 10 reps. I usually don't max out, sometimes on benching I do but thats it. I also know some kids that can leg press 1100+, nobody beleives it till they see it.

Back