can steroids lead to heartburn

tx045

My last cycle was a simple 500 mg a week sust run for 10 weeks. About week 2 I started getting severe hearburn to the point where it was hurting my damn teeth and chest. The shit is debilitating if you've ever had it that bad. I eventually had to go to the doc because I couldn't take it anymore. He put me on a medication called pantoprozole which has helped but if I miss a day or two it'll come right back. Anybody had any experience with steroids causing this? I've never had heartburn before like this and was wondering if it will eventually get back to normal or if I'll have to take medication forever?

My last cycle was a simple 500 mg a week sust run for 10 weeks. About week 2 I started getting severe hearburn to the point where it was hurting my damn teeth and chest. The shit is debilitating if you've ever had it that bad. I eventually had to go to the doc because I couldn't take it anymore. He put me on a medication called pantoprozole which has helped but if I miss a day or two it'll come right back. Anybody had any experience with steroids causing this? I've never had heartburn before like this and was wondering if it will eventually get back to normal or if I'll have to take medication forever?
lmkt5i7
I've had heartburn with dbol and anavar but not with injectables

Only compound thats given me heart burn is Tren. This coul be an issue totally separate from steroids, such as diet. Did you go balls out and start stuffing your face with everythin in sight all hours of the day?

Only compound thats given me heart burn is Tren. This coul be an issue totally separate from steroids, such as diet. Did you go balls out and start stuffing your face with everythin in sight all hours of the day?

Nope I usually stay pretty lean and eat clean.

Your shoulders look sick btw

Hey thanks man.

Im sure the potential is there for your cycle to have caused you heartburn, i mean anythings possible. Did you suffer from it before or after? Or just during?

Hey thanks man.

Im sure the potential is there for your cycle to have caused you heartburn, i mean anythings possible. Did you suffer from it before or after? Or just during?
No I've never had it before. Its some crazy shit

I ve experienced crippling heartburn from orals....d bol and a drol..though I never stuck w drol for any length of time do to othr issues......definitely a possibility but w ur injectibles I d say unlikely. Other s will chime in

Tren gives me crazy horrible heartburn. Be careful, get some nexium/prevacid/prilosec. That stuff is a must for me because the heartburn gets so bad.

My heartburn always get worse during cycle of injectables with or without orals. Maybe it causes more acid to be produced along with all of the other effects?

Eating super clean helps to some degree, but I do eat more Tums and use an acid blocker when it gets bad.

Yeah I figured orals would give me a better chance at it but they've never bothered me. Seemed strange to me that the injectibles would cause it but I guess you never know

Tren and drol get me big time. So much so that I take prilosec daily with tren and I dont even do drol anymore.

most times I get heartburn on cycle are due to something I am eating or from a lot of different pre-workouts. they get me every time, but a necessary evil for me. that's just my experience.

btw my Doctor told me never to take any oral medication, gear or anything else right before any type of heartburn medication as the heartburn meds will destroy the effectiveness of the meds. 2cnts. :)

Last edited:
A side effect of steroids (yes even injectables) is the increased production of stomach acid and reduction of protective stomach mucus, so it's quite possible that some more than others may get severe heartburn, just like some are more prone to acne.

most times I get heartburn on cycle are due to something I am eating or from a lot of different pre-workouts. they get me every time, but a necessary evil for me. that's just my experience.

btw my Doctor told me never to take any oral medication, gear or anything else right before any type of heartburn medication as the heartburn meds will destroy the effectiveness of the meds. 2cnts. :)

So in this theory as long as you take your dbol or whatever after your heartburn medications you should be good? Can't say I've heard that before

When on blast, I def get more heart burn for sure. I cut everything I drink (besides milk) 50/50 with water (i don't drink pop). I had beef jerky once that felt like it was Napalm in my stomach. I also have found that colors can make stuff worse (esp red stuff like cran juice, gatorade, or pink lemonade etc).

You should get ranitidine tablets ( aka Zantec ). Take 1 in the morning and 1 in evening. You won't feel the heartburn, unless you wait til you get symptoms before popping tablet.

So in this theory as long as you take your dbol or whatever after your heartburn medications you should be good? Can't say I've heard that before

According to my Doctor that is accurate. having said that, I don't mean 30 seconds after, but give it a little time. he said it will break down sleep meds or pretty much any meds you take if you take something like tums around the same time.

Back