Can tanning increase testosterone levels?

Blondie_Bombshell

A new study suggests there is a relationship between melatonin and testosterone. As the melatonin level rises towards the end of the day, testosterone levels start to plummet. At the end of a night's sleep, melatonin levels start to fall and testosterone production peaks. This cycle is essential to healthy testosterone levels.

In the dark winter months, however, the melatonin level is higher than normal, and the testosterone level is lower in many animals.

Light makes melatonin disappear. Light activates the enzymes that break down melatonin.

So do you think tanning can raise test levels?

fitness paradise world

Idk, but I know for me it certainly makes me feel better. Could be just the Vitamin D though.

x2 how are we suppose to take your posts seriously when we're all thinking of you naked. lol

I've read that cholesterol eventually combines with the sunlight to produce vitamin d, it also eventually converts to testosterone. Maybe that's why.

POMC is a precursor molecule for MSH.
In general, MSH can increase libido and lower appetite (ever notice that your don't really get super hungry if you spend a lot of time out in the sun?).
Analogs of MSH include research chemicals which I'm sure you may have heard of before, such as "Melanotan II."
For what its worth, researchers have knocked out the POMC gene in mice and noticed they all developed obesity.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head from previous studies. There is probably better and more accurate information floating around the internet though. Hope it helped.

POMC = proopiomelanocortin (a prohormone that gets cleaved into active derivatives)
MSH = melanocyte stimulating hormone (the pigment in skin, not the sleepy molecule)

A new study suggests there is a relationship between melatonin and testosterone. As the melatonin level rises towards the end of the day, testosterone levels start to plummet. At the end of a night's sleep, melatonin levels start to fall and testosterone production peaks. This cycle is essential to healthy testosterone levels.

In the dark winter months, however, the melatonin level is higher than normal, and the testosterone level is lower in many animals.

Light makes melatonin disappear. Light activates the enzymes that break down melatonin.

So do you think tanning can raise test levels?

fitness paradise world
i know after tnning i want sex more. so maybe? or maybe im just hot i unno lol.

Back