Can TUNA be edible?

HowardRearden

see you down in AR bay..
I hate Tuna. It's terrible. Smells and tastes like it came out of hell's septic tank. But damn, what a great source of protein.

Anyone got some recipes that make Tuna taste like something partially edible?

Thanks

Last edited:
sometimes i cook it up in a curry. i put in enough spices that it doesnt taste like tuna at all. just fry up an onion and some mustard seeds, then add tuna, turmeric, cumin.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF LOW FAT/LOW CAR SAUCES AND DRESSINGS OUT THERE AS WELL

other then that I always ask, if you dont like something dont eat it, there are other alternatives really..chicken, turkey, salmon, sardines, shrimp, lobester all canned and fresh versions as well

I tried tuna steak a few years back, a little steeper in price but does taste good/better then caned as well

Try this an instant cup of soup i recommend tomato and vegatable with croutons,add a can of spring water packed tuna then wolf

Last edited:
HowardRearden said:
I hate Tuna. It's terrible, smells and tastes like it came out of hell's septic tank. But damn, is it high in protein!

Anyone got a recipe that make Tuna not taste like tuna and instead something that is a least partially edible?

Tuna and natty orange juice is good.
Blend it up and drink it down.

My family keeps telling me to lay off the amount of tuna i plan to ingest. Plan because everytime i am about to open a can up they say "you know there is alot of mercury in that shit and it will kill ya!" a can a day of tuna wont hurt you will it?

the best way is to add vinegar, yep just saturate in vinegar for a couple of minutes then add to wholemeal bread, the vinegar kills the raw taste and the pong,

I've gotten sick of tuna myself. So, for a change instead of mayo w/it when u make tuna sandwiches try BBQ sauce. Helps for a short period of time. Its still tuna though.

i open a tuna can, get a fork and 2 glasses of water !....i nearly drink tuna qoz everything else didnt change it, its still tuna!

Tuna, mayo, mustard and dill pickles chopped up. :)

Or just tuna and hot sauce.

Guess I'm lucky. I actually like tuna.

CUinHELL said:
Catch one and eat it raw. Sashimi kicks ass.
Agree just had some a matter a fact ! In the morning I like to eat tuna with tomatoe soup adds alittle more flavor

Back