canadian currency to usd conversion

MJF

WWPBBD
I must be dumber than I think or my google search for currwncy conversion is lying to me. Someone tell me what $240 in Canadian currency equals in US dollars.

That's what i got as well. I wonder why I place an order that's $240 CDN, I'm asked to pay $208 US. Weird.

They might be calculating shipping in US currency?

I don't think so, but maybe. My invoice says C$240 total, then follow up email says pay $204 (I was wrong initially). Oh well, there are other labs I suppose

They are probably using a different rate. Offer to pay them in CDN

They replied. Still not sure how their calculation works, but paying in Canadian money where they'll use the standard currency converter may be the best route. And yes, I know we're only talking about $23, but I'm cheap.

They replied. Still not sure how their calculation works, but paying in Canadian money where they'll use the standard currency converter may be the best route. And yes, I know we're only talking about $23, but I'm cheap.

It's arbitrage. You have to take advantage of it! Moral imperative. :)

I'm accustomed to having to google steroid terms and the medical terms related to steroids, but now I've learned a new word not related to steroids. Arbitrage. If I keep hanging out here, I'll be a smart man one day. lol

Off topic. I'll never understand why people don't google words that they don't know the meaning to, yet keep on talking about stuff as if they know what you're saying. When they ask about deca and you reply calling it nandrolone: No, no, I'm askimg about deca. I don't want to take nandrolone, that's bad stuff.

I'm accustomed to having to google steroid terms and the medical terms related to steroids, but now I've learned a new word not related to steroids. Arbitrage. If I keep hanging out here, I'll be a smart man one day. lol

Off topic. I'll never understand why people don't google words that they don't know the meaning to, yet keep on talking about stuff as if they know what you're saying. When they ask about deca and you reply calling it nandrolone: No, no, I'm askimg about deca. I don't want to take nandrolone, that's bad stuff.

Did I use the word correctly?

The currency you get over the Internet is the standard market currency. It does not mean that you are going to be able to buy products or worse, exchange money at that rate. Most places are looking to make some profit on top of that, so 99% of the time you will pay a little more when trying to go from one currency to another. I know it's revolting, but it's the way it works :(

So if I'm told to send $240 Canadian dollars to Canada and walk down to western union, western union will make a profit off the conversion of my US dollar to Canadian? I never knew that.

When I had extra money to throw around, I never stopped to think about these things. I've placed several orders from Canada and just sent the money they told me to send without actually calculating it.

I thought it was false about western union making money on the exchange rate, but it's not. They made the exchange rate c $240=$190us, plus made $12 for the transfer.

Back