Cardio at home : Can you recommend a machine?

synonymous

I'm looking at getting a bike for at home but haven't made any real decisions yet. I'm not sure what to look for. Doing jump rope would put too much on my knees thus wanting a bike. I do cardio post-workout but for those days I can't make it into the gym and on the weekends when I can do it fasted in the morning.

Any other ideas? Or maybe a recommendation on a good bike?

I have a treadmill at home , but I rarely use..
Some Chinese machines are relatively cheap , and the strange thing is that they work , unlike Chinese HGH :)

I assume an exercise bike not a road bike? If you have a road bike you could get a wind trainer and use that. I like that much better than any exercise bike.

I assume an exercise bike not a road bike? If you have a road bike you could get a wind trainer and use that. I like that much better than any exercise bike.

My road bike is not really the best of bikes, not a mountain bike. It's like something you'd see out of an old Chinese or Japanese movie.

Are you able to increase the resistance on those Wind Trainers?

They make a trainer that has your rear wheel locked in and has resistance, but I think you can also change to a harder gear for resistance.
All I know is I went to buy one and the guy who owned the shop talked me into using rollers instead. . You are not locked in and you have to pay attention or you can cruise off the side! All your resistance comes from the gears. You have to use it in a doorway so you can hold yourself up and use it as a safety or to get off. Dont get this cause its annoying!

I would get a Versaclimber. I bought one a few years ago and love it, as it's way more intense than a bike or elliptical.

A punching bag is amazing and cheaper than other options. It is also safe for anyone in the family to use. Got one in my garage and it is one of the best investments I have ever made.

Back