Chest Training Help - Need to Thicken

Mulligan

CHOW CHOW PUSSY
I have been doing Dips-weighted, Flat bench Heavy, Decline.

My Chest is not thick. I want it thicker.

If i go high reps Cable Cross, High reps Flies Db, Flat Bench Db High Reps.

Think that may help. I want more of a sculpted look to my chest.

Please help :druggie:

Take out the cable cross, its not a good exercise IMO. I'd say go with heavy/lower repped DB presses. Same concept with flat barbell bench/decline - heavy & lower reps. If you want a more sculpted look, a big part of it is in your diet.

Winterlong said:
Take out the cable cross, its not a good exercise IMO. I'd say go with heavy/lower repped DB presses. Same concept with flat barbell bench/decline - heavy & lower reps. If you want a more sculpted look, a big part of it is in your diet.

as most say...cosign. second that. agreed. me too. yeah follow what he says.

what winter said. DB work is great.

also although cable crosses arent great, i do like flat/decline/incline cable fly's.

I also had a problem for a long time with my chest especially upper. My favorite routine is doing incline wide grip benches followed by DB flat benches ive really noticed a big size difference in a short time.

Mulligan said:
I have been doing Dips-weighted, Flat bench Heavy, Decline.

My Chest is not thick. I want it thicker.

If i go high reps Cable Cross, High reps Flies Db, Flat Bench Db High Reps.

Think that may help. I want more of a sculpted look to my chest.

Please help :druggie:

Personally I think you can get at least 75% of hwat your looking for out of flat bench work. Flat bench and incline DB are the two best buidler in my biook. Flys won't hurt you bust make sure you addd them at the end of the w/o if your going to and don't trey and "save yourself" for them.

athiktos said:
ok ok ok....stiff legged deads or normal deads thicken the chest? OR BOTH? :afro:

deads and squats are total body building exercises without a doubt. noone mentioned sldl's that i know of. let's see.......

Do deads make your chest grow? i believe so. when i pull deads i believe just about every muscle in my body is being worked...maybe i am wrong.

mulligan should be doing squats, deads and bench as the staple of his workout...he knows that and he does that.

if your doing high reps that not gonna build a nice thick chest, thats only good for high endurance
I find doing dumbells incline, dips, dumbell bench, and some kind of flys work really good 4 sets 5-8 reps

If your going to do high reps and still want size and thickness you need to mix them with low reps in the same workout like my old routine 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, or 15, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,

tman55 said:
Do deads make your chest grow? i believe so. when i pull deads i believe just about every muscle in my body is being worked...maybe i am wrong.

You are correct sir. Deads work every muscle in the body to an extent not matched by any other lift besides maybe oly stuff.

Back