chieck breast tenders....

like 3 j said. we go out and buy expensive clothes and nice cars and of course our gear. why not spend 5 bucks at bed bath and beyond on something important like a food scale.

Ok, so I always buy the bag of cheap ol' chicken breat tenders. Its just plain chicken meat, there pretty small pieces you can get at walmart....anyways, how many onces is one piece? I guess 2oz but could be wrong, I really wanna know since I eat em alot!

Heres a pic of what I am talking about...

Google Image Result for http://mywanderingspoon.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/img_17381.jpg

I think I read once, that they are 1 oz... and have 5 grams of protein, also keep in mind they most likely contain up to 15 % solution of water, salt, and sodium phosphates....and are "pre-flavored"....
make sure u read the label, chicken should contain "no other ingredients"... in case u are buying "Great value" they are loaded with sodium.. So compare brands and read the labels.. I know buying fresh chicken is more expensive, but is worth the money IMO..

I think I read once, that they are 1 oz... and have 5 grams of protein, also keep in mind they most likely contain up to 15 % solution of water, salt, and sodium phosphates....and are "pre-flavored"....
make sure u read the label, chicken should contain "no other ingredients"... in case u are buying "Great value" they are loaded with sodium.. So compare brands and read the labels.. I know buying fresh chicken is more expensive, but is worth the money IMO..

Amen... you could be getting chicken beaks and feet mixed in those "chicken breasts with rib meat" so called chicken breasts...

Guess I should have read the first post lol, I get whole chicken breasts and cut my own tenders. The ones that they sell are usually the garbage piece with a tendon through the middle. I hate that thing lol.

Amen... you could be getting chicken beaks and feet mixed in those "chicken breasts with rib meat" so called chicken breasts...

Exactly, the term "mechanically separated" is not something u want to read on the label.. but, I don't think chicken breast or tenders are mechanically separated, u find that therm in hot dogs, chicken nuggets, bologna and a lot of processed deli meats... Ewwwwww !

Guess I should have read the first post lol, I get whole chicken breasts and cut my own tenders. The ones that they sell are usually the garbage piece with a tendon through the middle. I hate that thing lol.

I do the same, make my own chicken nuggets for the kids, I wouldn't buy any of the processed crap even if it was free..

Back