chronic knee pain issue please helpp

Do yoga to build up your core and increase flexibility. Would be great while you stop lifting to allow your knees to heal.

Been exactly in your situation. I too had flat feet. Only my feet werent actually flat but appeared flat because i had a collapsed arch. Its been exactly two years now and i am at 80%. I still cant lift weights on my knees but my stability and self weight exercises are great. Thats what i recommend. Do a lot of stability exercises. Get some training sessions with a trainer, thats what i did. Also, stop doing legs! I used to be like you, didnt stop even though there was pain. No leg extensions, no leg curls. No squats for sure. Trx lunges are good. Sumo squats. Do a lot of single leg stuff. Focus on your glutes. One thing everyone might disagree with me on is this: STOP STRETCHING THE INJURED MUSLE. Give it 6 weeks to heal and then come back to slight stretching once every other day. Think about it this way, stretching = straining = stressing = injuring the muscle even more. See someone ASAP. Be patient. I told you, its been 2 years for me. You'll get there and youll be better than before. Im assuming you have skinny legs and could never get them bigger thats why you did legs two days a week. Once you fix your issue with a professional (screw physical therapy, see your gym trainer), your legs will look better than before. Be patient! Good luck, i know how much it sucks.

Last edited:
OK... you need to give your knee time to heal, that's a given...

But I have another suggestion that you could think over in the meantime...

Do you have a tight lower back, glutes and hip flexors? If so, all of this tightness will be paying out in the knee region.

Quite often, the fact that your midsection has limited flexibility, results in your knees taking unnecessary load.

If you ARE tight in these areas, I sincerely suggest you watch this following link through - a good few times - and during the time you allow yourself for your knee pain to go - work on this short 20 minute routine regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc

It worked for me, I can now do legs twice a week pain free and my squat is deeper and cleaner than ever.

You can thank me later! ;)

Same problem I experience, sound advice here

Schredder I have been adding weight to the leg ext.... and its been in my head as the weight gets heavier that I may soon be biting off more than I can chew....what exactly is too heavy? Im getting over 10 reps. Maybe once you cant reach 10?

Personally, I would lower the weight and introduce more 'time under tension' work, rest pause sets, drop sets, supersets etc...
Remember: your muscle doesn't know what weight it is lifting, there are other ways to trick it into thinking it's a heavy weight... TRAIN CLEVER!

Also one other thing no-one has mentioned...

Get yourself some lifting shoes. They have helped with stability issues, and for lunging and squatting they have been invaluable.

Obviously you need to rest and recover first though. Just something to consider for your next Christmas present ;)

Personally, I would lower the weight and introduce more 'time under tension' work, rest pause sets, drop sets, supersets etc...
Remember: your muscle doesn't know what weight it is lifting, there are other ways to trick it into thinking it's a heavy weight... TRAIN CLEVER!

Yep, too many people fixate on weight. The look of someones face when you show them how to use half the weight they were originally and it making them really squeam through it is priceless. Less weight is the way... Joints/Tendons will really thank you too.

Back