CIA using Patriot Act to collect (Western Union) money transfer data

unkazra1

Not a Newbie
For "all of us" who use the "money transfer" method of payment via Western Union, I thought you may want to read this article from CNN. Here's the link: Source: CIA using Patriot Act to collect money transfer data - CNN.com

I got an email from Western Union last night saying that from now on..you have to provide the receiver with the MTCN# (control or tracking number) and that they have to use it to get a special pin number from Western Union Customer Service (over the phone I believe) to pick up the money. No pin=No cash. These are weird times we live in fellas. Thanks to 9/11 (Inside Job), corruption at the highest levels of gv't (IE Obama..Eric Holder..Bush..Cheney..Rumsfeld), Dems & Republicans alike, & especially our politicians who were happy to sign off on the Patriot Act. Our government now has a bridge and a tunnel that go right over and under the Constitution. Wake up!

Let's close it out with a famous quote:
"Now, we can see a new world coming into view. A world in which there is the very real prospect of a new world order". --- President G. H. W. Bush (Senior)

Not liking this at all. I live in Canada where it's not an issue but work in the states/Mexico most of the time. Big brother is watching...

Big Brother is always watching and is generally interested in controlling every aspect of our daily lives. Unfortunately the war against terrorism's buzz words have been used as a catch all to gradually encroach on our basic, innate rights to privacy. I'm very new to this game, but after just a couple of months, I decided the WU/etc. method wouldn't last much longer under the patriot act, which is still, after 11 years, still alive and breathing. Bitcoin, IMO, is the next thing.

Big Brother is always watching and is generally interested in controlling every aspect of our daily lives. Unfortunately the war against terrorism's buzz words have been used as a catch all to gradually encroach on our basic, innate rights to privacy. I'm very new to this game, but after just a couple of months, I decided the WU/etc. method wouldn't last much longer under the patriot act, which is still, after 11 years, still alive and breathing. Bitcoin, IMO, is the next thing.

I agree. Every time I've gone to Western Union..I've thought, man this shit is not gonna continue to be this easy. The first sign of trouble was Chase Bank announcing it would no long wire money over seas a few weeks back. Last night the email from Western Union..the day before this article comes out in CCN..FoxNews..New York Times. What a fucking coincidence (which I don't believe in coincidence). I really think this could be a huge issue for all of us. I started this thread hoping our "vendors" would see it and realize whats shaking here. I'm hoping we can go back to money orders or something.

My last WU cash transfer they asked me for my drivers license and phone #. This was me to send $ to someone else.

There is always good old moneygram, bitcoin and CIM.. I send money to my daughter all the time and I just got her a reloadable CC that I can just reload when she needs money :)

There is always good old moneygram, bitcoin and CIM.. I send money to my daughter all the time and I just got her a reloadable CC that I can just reload when she needs money :)

Should totally get me one and I'll let you know when I'm runnin low...

can speak directly on this one. had a "friend" who had monies sized by dept homeland security a couple of months ago while in wu transfer. letter soon came that said they believed it was being used for illegal drug transaction ect. if i wanted to challenge fill out paper ect.
most crazy part? STILL let gear to addy after this incident on another transaction :) lol.. hope their doing a better job securing things that NEED securing..... fukn stupid anyway. why the damn feds worried about someone sending a couple hundred for personal use gear... GREAT use of country's resources

I believe in the article I mentioned above..they mention MoneyGram as well. So cross that off your list.

can speak directly on this one. had a "friend" who had monies sized by dept homeland security a couple of months ago while in wu transfer. letter soon came that said they believed it was being used for illegal drug transaction ect. if i wanted to challenge fill out paper ect.
most crazy part? STILL let gear to addy after this incident on another transaction :) lol.. hope their doing a better job securing things that NEED securing..... fukn stupid anyway. why the damn feds worried about someone sending a couple hundred for personal use gear... GREAT use of country's resources

What sounds like a more profitable racquet? ?? Busting someone for buying personal stash of ped/AAS or just keep stealing there money every other time they order?? Haha.

George Orwell's nightmare is coming true.

So true bro. What amazes me is the average person out there has no idea what that means. They still think this is the same USA that their fathers and grandfathers and great grandfathers sacrificed life and limb for. These are the same people who still think mainstream media actually reports the news. In reality, reporters actually get fired for reporting the news. Even worse, Obama has them prosecuted under the "Espionage Act"...for reporting the news. Under the Espionage Act, reporters can now be thrown in the same jail cell as terrorists for reporting the news. It sucks. Plain and simple. They built a meat grinder, hungry for human flesh. Anyone that gets in there way, gets tossed in. I wish this country would elect someone like Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul president. Patriots.

Last edited:
Don't y'all think with as much money as there is to n made by the good quality ugls that they'll find a way. Btw not bein a smartass

Back