Anyone have problems with western union?

stang50

Powered by Precision
Second time now that they've cancelled my transfer with no explanation. It's like I can't send money anymore. My money is with them now for 1-12 hours till I get a call for the refund. I've been trying for 4 days to send someone money lol. Idk what the hell is going on anymore, did this thing for years with no issues. Have they heightened security or something? Or just trying to put themselves out of business?

Second time now that they've cancelled my transfer with no explanation. It's like I can't send money anymore. My money is with them now for 1-12 hours till I get a call for the refund. I've been trying for 4 days to send someone money lol. Idk what the hell is going on anymore, did this thing for years with no issues. Have they heightened security or something? Or just trying to put themselves out of business?

What did their customer service people tell you?

Just something about security reasons, no real explanations. Last time I sent a WU successfully was about a years ago, this is 2 times now since then. I feel like they've banned me or something lol.

Are you on the FBI's no fly list, that will do it..... Ah haaa LOL :)

Haha I'm really starting to wonder, Nah I don't think so, I make like 2 transactions a year. Never had any problems with anything other than them cutting me off I guess.

Just an update on the issue. I will never use western union again and I would advise anyone else to do the same. I sent the money Friday, didn't find out it was cancelled till the receiver contacted me Saturday. So I called for a refund and was told its under review and I'll receive a call in 1-12 hours when it's processed. About 5 calls later and finally speaking to a manager, I have the mtcn for the refund, not to mention it is noon on Sunday. Tied my money up for the whole wknd. Now I have to go back to the store and get it, talk about a pain in the ass.

WU have been having issues for a while now and certainly aren't safe to use anymore - plenty of other options out there like MG or BC (if you don't know how, then learn).

from what I've heard,, WU is currently under careful review by the FEDS (or dept of homeland security) because its been used to fund terrorism here in the states and internationally . So every transaction is now a 'suspicious' or 'security' related transaction .
best to just move on to another form of payment

Unfortunately I haven't been up to date on things the past 2-3 years. Haven't been active on any forums, just made my orders like twice a year. But I will definitely learn about the new BC option.

Use money gram

W/U under pressure from H Land security has agreed to work w fbi and cia to curb fundraising for terrorism.

Look it up...

Too bad. Back when I was in the service (late 80s early 90s) we used the shit out of it.

I hear of a lot of people having problems with it now.

I always use money gram for the same reasons. Western union sucks. Bc is easy to use and works the best

Back