Clomid AND Nolvadex post cycle?

!@#$%^&

I read that some of you like to use clomid and nolvadex both in your post cycle therapy. Can anyone tell me a little detailed reasoning on this?

Also, what doses would you use for what amount of time?

you can use both or either one alone....a good rule of thumb is 20 mg of per 50 mg of clomid....why use both?.....for me clomid is not an adequate anti e while nolva is....nolva helps for the estrogen rebound....

It's a good question. I can't think of a reason to use BOTH. That is not to say, however, there is one we just don't know about.

TooPowerful4u said:
I read that some of you like to use clomid and nolvadex both in your post cycle therapy. Can anyone tell me a little detailed reasoning on this?

Also, what doses would you use for what amount of time?

I recovered 20-30% quicker/ 10% better overall using BOTH.

Everytime I do a tren cycle....I chose recover with BOTH.

It seems like over-kill........but maybe there's something to this overkill???!!!!!?!?!?!?

Ya, who knows? Just because we can't think of a reason why NOW, doesn't mean it isn't true. I mean, if enough guys try it both ways, and report using both SERM's together is better, then, in my opinion, we HAVE TO take note of that. Lots of ground-breaking thinking has occurred that way.

We stack different compounds in our cycles...so why not stack the anti-e's? You may get benefits from each the other cannot provide. For instance, clomid may stimulate LH better, while nolva would be better at keeping gyno at bay. Both of these are important factors during recovery.

Also, I can't see any actual harm in doing it, and the price is about the same.

I wish we had a way to have a bunch of guys try both ways, for alittle impromptu field research.

My original point concerning this question was that it makes no sense to stop taking Nolvadex from the cycle to start taking Clomid post-cycle.

I like the fact Mr. L speaks of the positive comparison between the two drugs. However, he makes a mistake in citing that Belgium study, because it is so flawed as to be of little or no use to us. In it, they compared what is basically a toxic dose of Clomid to a normal dose of Nolvadex.

Last edited:
I understood that clomid helps restore natural test by stimulating FSH and LH, whilst nolvadex or arimidex, being anti-estrogens stimulate test by the feedback loop of low estrogen.

Having two different mechanisms of action, they will recover natural test more efficiently than just using one.

That is what I have always understood, am I wrong?, Swale why do you say there is no reason to use both?

I say that because they both do the same thing. So why use them concurrently? Doing so just complicates dosing protocols. Of course, my mind is very much open to the fact we may one day find there IS a reason to use both.

As far as how they work at the HP, a good way to think about what Clomid, Nolvadex AND Arimidex all do is to prevent "activation" of the estrogen receptor. The two SERM's by blocking the receptor, and the Arimidex by actually lowering serum estrogen concentrations.

Swale, are you saying that nolvadex and arimidex also stimulate LH and FSH and therefore there is no reason to switch to clomid post cycle?

bigdelt69--Which of the two meds in question have you used on their own? How many cycles did you do with each? How many times have you used them both at once? Were the cycles under them nearly the same? Please share the differences you experienced. Inquiring minds want to know!

I have used both meds post cycle on their own. The clomid was after a heavy test/deca/winny cycle, and the nolva was after a short 6 week cycle of suspension,deca, and Winstrol (winny). Its really hard to say which one worked the best one its own. I mean w/o bloodwork its nearly impossible. I would say that just by the way I felt, I recovered faster with the clomid. (again hard to say b/c all things were not equal)
I have only used nolva post cycle once on its own. I have used clomid post cycle many times.

First thing I want to say is there were not that many differences to which I could tell. I still got acne on the nolva. No mood swings, but depression was......as usually for me post cycle. Nolva does not fuck with my eyes, which clomid seems to do.

The last couple of cycles I ran were fairly long in length, and I didn't use hcg(never do). I decided to run nolva at 20mg per day for the entire 3 weeks, and clomid at the standard 300,100,50. I felt great after the last week on nolva and clomid, even more so than I usually do. Thats when I decided to use it EVERYTIME, and will so from now on. Some things just cant be explained easily. Over the years I have learned to know my body to a 'T'. I'm not saying that this will work for everyone, but I plan to finish every other cycle I do this way.

I have two studies right in front of me which show Clomid is associated with optic neuropathy and prolonged visual disturbances, which may be irreversible.

I am now moving my patients away from Clomid in favor of Nolvadex, for this reason.

Arch Ophthalmol 1995 Apr;113(4):482-4

Fertil Steril Feb;61(2):390-1

Back