cloudiness issue

cool dude

Why is it that when I fiter something through a syringe filter it comes out crystal clear yet when I fiter it through a bottle top filter it gets cloudy. I thought possibly that I was putting it through the filter too fast but then I tried some more filtering it slower and the same outcome

Tell us about your exact filter, what temp are u filtering at? Recipe(doesn't sound like this is the problem but tell us anyway)?

Tell us about your exact filter, what temp are u filtering at? Recipe(doesn't sound like this is the problem but tell us anyway)?

Well Im using the Nalgene MF75 bottle top filter and Im filtering when the mix is at approx. 125-130 deg F. This is for test prop and Im using 2% ba, 20% BB the rest EO. Like I sd in my original post when Im done brewing it is perfectly clear, put it into the bottle top and still crystal clear, but as it goes through the filter and into the media bottle it clouds up. I've pinned it and its fine but it just bothers the shit ut of me that it does that

It would bother me too...my guess would be the EO dissolving some of the plastic? To test this u can sacrifice a filter and run a batch with everything except no powder and a carrier oil instead of EO, then if all is clear run a batch exactly the same including EO no powder to see if it clouds up?
Keep us posted

It would bother me too...my guess would be the EO dissolving some of the plastic? To test this u can sacrifice a filter and run a batch with everything except no powder and a carrier oil instead of EO, then if all is clear run a batch exactly the same including EO no powder to see if it clouds up?
Keep us posted
Im gonna try that James thanks

I have used the Nalgene bottle tops before with 125mg prop with 2/20 and no problems. No need for EO for 100mg prop bud.

Back