cloudy test e, any ideas????

Mikeyfitz

hey friends, i've been homebrewing for years. I've ran into a problem. the last couple batches of test e i've made have came out cloudy. i'm making at 200mg/ml using 4% ba, 15%bb. heated, in a beaker, in a pan of boiling water for approx. 30minutes. it comes out clear, after filtering thru .45um filter, but upon cooling for an hr or so it becomes cloudy in the vial. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks

try heating it on the stove with out a pan or water set on 2. I would filter through a .20um, a .45um is very iffy and doesn't sterilize.

bump chriswho.... so yeah.. use an oven.. not water... you might have gotten some moisture in there.. or did not let the mix cool enough.... and you need to lower the BA.. i believe i have heard from a friend that the ba over 2% will make crash or cloudy...
like trenace only a lil over 1% is fine.. like in tne and winney.... will do the same thing if you go over 2%...
AND YOU need to go with .22micromil and just take your time.. b patient... it will filter..
use a lil eo and it will take a while to filter because of the high hormone content

Sounds like a heating issue to me!!! Water brewing is not reliable imo. Moisture, and improper heating are culprits of crashing gear with this method.
Make sure you monitor your temp as you brew and bring the temp to 95 degree C and you're good.
I think it just needs to be heated more and that maybe you didn't get it hot enough.
Maybe moisture as well.
Are you using the same source as before? Source giving you the same product or does the product look smell different than before?

i will heat to about 250 then take off heat. now i do not add my ba and bb until after it cools down. then i pass all thru .22. no problems so far. two years running....

i will heat to about 250 then take off heat. now i do not add my ba and bb until after it cools down. then i pass all thru .22. no problems so far. two years running....

Well bro! Not knocking your 2 years experience at all but IMO your problem is that you add your BB and BA in your powder AFTER heating!!!
The powder needs heat to become soluble with the SOLVENT (BB).
Take your BB (no matter what you hear about not needing BB) at the minimum of 15% for powders "supposedly" not needing BB, put your BA at 2% in with that then put your powder in the mix.
Heat up to 95 degree C and then reduce heat to no less than 75 C but begin filtering immediately while it's cooling down to 75 C. Watch that temp though and don't let it get above 100 C.
I will bet you bank that your gear will not crash after this.
I use BB with every brew and in amounts no less than 18%..... Brew never crashes and product never hurts unless it's a product that is supposed to hurt IE test prop or some such shit!!!

Well bro! Not knocking your 2 years experience at all but IMO your problem is that you add your BB and BA in your powder AFTER heating!!!
The powder needs heat to become soluble with the SOLVENT (BB).
Take your BB (no matter what you hear about not needing BB) at the minimum of 15% for powders "supposedly" not needing BB, put your BA at 2% in with that then put your powder in the mix.
Heat up to 95 degree C and then reduce heat to no less than 75 C but begin filtering immediately while it's cooling down to 75 C. Watch that temp though and don't let it get above 100 C.
I will bet you bank that your gear will not crash after this.
I use BB with every brew and in amounts no less than 18%..... Brew never crashes and product never hurts unless it's a product that is supposed to hurt IE test prop or some such shit!!!

bump jstark on this bro...

Back