Competitions - Timing

hmlacrosse

need to graduate college
This may be a gimme if I just check the dates of the competitions
but
My question is...
How many times a year do the pros cut and bulk? i would think only once, but that would mean the big competitions would all have to be in the same season. Can anyone clarify, how many competitions do these guys do every year, It must be more than 5 or 6 large ones, especially if they are as famous as culter and ronnie.

Just got curious, idk why this vid sparked it, but it is really cool to see how friendly these beasts are with eachother, I geuss Cutler really can't have a grudge with ronnie, ron aint the one judging the olym.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZvtkdCiu_0&mode=related&search=

I think it depends. I believe Ronnie and Jay only compete once or twice a year (sometimes only once) so that's it. Other BB'ers do a few comps a year, so they pretty much have to stay in shape for half or more of the year. They don't let their BF get outta control, probably never over 10%.

outlawtas2 said:
I think it depends. I believe Ronnie and Jay only compete once or twice a year (sometimes only once) so that's it. Other BB'ers do a few comps a year, so they pretty much have to stay in shape for half or more of the year. They don't let their BF get outta control, probably never over 10%.
I think Ronnie and Jay do about 4 comps almost back to back actually. I think it's best to try and do them close together, but many athletes do the Arnold and the Olympia, and I know that is a few months apart.

The more competitions you have to do the harder it is to peak towards the later shows. Your body does not want to respond as well.

The reason Ronnie, Jay, and a few others compete 1x / year is because thats all they have to, they are qualified. The only reason to compete in the early shows is to qualify for the OLYMPIA. That is the main show. Yes the arnold is probably just as good in terms of financials but not in title.

Now also understand the guest posings play a significant role in competeing once / year. It is impossible to guest pose and get into GREAT contest condition. This is where ronnie and jay make their money. Not the ironman and San Fran show. So why not take the easy money and continue growing and recovering.

Also miss muscle is right they do the grand prix shows right after the olmypia. Its 3 or 4 shows in just as many days. Easy money and then its on to resting up for the next year.

Great read.

Good stuff
DirkMoneyshot said:
The more competitions you have to do the harder it is to peak towards the later shows. Your body does not want to respond as well.

The reason Ronnie, Jay, and a few others compete 1x / year is because thats all they have to, they are qualified. The only reason to compete in the early shows is to qualify for the OLYMPIA. That is the main show. Yes the arnold is probably just as good in terms of financials but not in title.

Now also understand the guest posings play a significant role in competeing once / year. It is impossible to guest pose and get into GREAT contest condition. This is where ronnie and jay make their money. Not the ironman and San Fran show. So why not take the easy money and continue growing and recovering.

Also miss muscle is right they do the grand prix shows right after the olmypia. Its 3 or 4 shows in just as many days. Easy money and then its on to resting up for the next year.

Back