Contest prep cycle advice

contestime

Hey guys,

I am prepping for my first Bodybuilding comp. This is not my first cycle, however. I would just like a second opinion on my cycle. I have actually never done a cutting cycle before, and am trying to keep it as minimal as possible (to save some money for food lmao). However, I am open to suggestions. ;)

12 weeks out currently.
Stats: 24 y/o, 5'6", 178 lbs, 12-15% bf. Aiming for 155-160 lb stage weight.

Currently:
Test E - 750mg/week
Anavar- 40mg daily
Primo- 300mg/week
T3- .3mcg daily
Aromasin - 6.25mg daily

---

6 weeks out:
Test prop - 700mg/week (ED)
Anavar - 40mg daily
Primo - 300mg/week
T3- .4mcg daily
Winny - 40mg daily
Aromasin - 6.25mg daily

Maybe:
Clen - 20-40mcg daily
Letro (to dry out) unsure of dosing at this time.

.3 mcg of t3? You gon get fat. Also, 12 weeks to drop 10% bf. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND LOL.

Maybe you meen 30. Mcg of t3?

Opinions differ, but my personal experience with t3 is i needed 50mcg as a replacement dose, went all the way up to 100mcg. But i am alot bigger of a human than you. Others will chime in...

Last edited:
IMO I would wait until you have more time to prep and can run a lot lower dosages. Mine was 18 weeks and I was at top form at 3 weeks out. Still felt great and didn't have to diet very hard. 230-205lbs 14%-5%BF

Sorry yeah 30mcg. Not .3mcg. Seems to be working fine so far.

If I lose 2 lbs a week in the next 12 weeks that is 24 lbs lmao. That's not unheard of and also not within an unsafe range to lose muscle. Hence why I am also enhanced. ;)

why lower dosages? I have been told many a time that I am being conservative. I am not even running tren. 12 weeks seems to be a pretty decent time frame with the use of anabolics. I guess we will find out haha.

Nope. Picked the last open show until the new year and I have decided to do it. Again, if I was natty I would prob be worried about fast fat loss but this is a why I am enhanced. Diet is 100% clean. Cardio is being tapered up. Genetics are good. Just gotta bring in the detail. I think I am closer to 12% bf as I can see my abs without flexing but I certainly do not have a shredded physique.

In your shoes, if I was deadset on competing I'd do this

12-8: test 500/wk + primo 500/wk, t3 25mcg/d, aromasin 12mg/d or eod
8-5: test 350/wk + primo 500/wk + var 60mg/d, t3 50mcg/d + aromasin 12mg/d
4-1: primo 500/wk, mast 500/wk, var 60-80mg/d, winstrol 50mg/d, t3 50mcg/d, letro 1.25mg/d
"peak week": if long esters, pin as usual on mon/thur..if short esters do your last pin 1-2 days before the show...keep var, t3 and letro the same and bump winstrol to 100mg/d just for the last week

In your shoes, if I was deadset on competing I'd do this

12-8: test 500/wk + primo 500/wk, t3 25mcg/d, aromasin 12mg/d or eod
8-5: test 350/wk + primo 500/wk + var 60mg/d, t3 50mcg/d + aromasin 12mg/d
4-1: primo 500/wk, mast 500/wk, var 60-80mg/d, winstrol 50mg/d, t3 50mcg/d, letro 1.25mg/d
"peak week": if long esters, pin as usual on mon/thur..if short esters do your last pin 1-2 days before the show...keep var, t3 and letro the same and bump winstrol to 100mg/d just for the last week

i disagree with one thing here snow..

he should stop injections one week out and rely more on a oral

injections mess with symmetry

Thanks man!

Honestly this is more about fun than the prize. Let's be honest, at the amateur level you get nothing anyways.

I am already on gear. Have been for 4 weeks. Just added T3 and anavar a few days ago. 12 weeks out yesterday. I think that it is an achievable goal. I may not have shredded glutes but I can get pretty lean in 12 weeks.

Last edited:
(...)

he should stop injections one week out and rely more on a oral

injections mess with symmetry

I've definitely heard "stop injections a week out" before, I know many experienced guys do but when I did that last year I had some acne flareup on my chest & upper arms...this time I ran long esters straight through with no issue

Can you elaborate on the symmetry comment? Do you mean localized swelling, or...?

Thanks man!

Honestly this is more about fun than the prize. Let's be honest, at the amateur level you get nothing anyways.

I am already on gear. Have been for 4 weeks. Just added T3 and anavar a few days ago. 12 weeks out yesterday. I think that it is an achievable goal. I may not have shredded glutes but I can get pretty lean in 12 weeks.

You've been on gear FOR 4 WEEKS!?

You are setting yourself up to be a laughing stock on that stage, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

If you are going to do anything in life - do it properly. Make it something you are proud of.

You're firing compounds into your body in an immature fashion that you obviously know nothing about.

It's going to come back and bite you in the arse!

I can seriously hear bigben talking in some deep lumber jack voice. :laugh3:
You've been on gear FOR 4 WEEKS!?

You are setting yourself up to be a laughing stock on that stage, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

If you are going to do anything in life - do it properly. Make it something you are proud of.

You're firing compounds into your body in an immature fashion that you obviously know nothing about.

It's going to come back and bite you in the arse!

Started test E and Primo 16 weeks out. Just came off a great mass cycle 12 or so weeks ago and have kept pretty much all my size with great PCT and diet.

Just added T3 and anavar this week. Will add in Mast, winnny 8 weeks out. Maybe hire a coach to help with the last 4 weeks of drug protocol because that is where I need help. Hence why I am here. Not here to debate competing.

I would post pics but I would rather stay anonymous. So let's just say I have cycled 4 times before with great results and carry a good amount of size for my stature. I am by no means fat or in a state where I can't bring in a great package in 12 weeks. So no, I will not be a laughing stock at this level of competition. Lol. I am confident about that. Even some top pros don't come in with shredded glutes. Not that it is on purpose but I really do not feel like me doing my first show last notice is the end of the world. The point of doing it is for fun and to gain experience. Then I will know better for next time.

I've definitely heard "stop injections a week out" before, I know many experienced guys do but when I did that last year I had some acne flareup on my chest & upper arms...this time I ran long esters straight through with no issue

Can you elaborate on the symmetry comment? Do you mean localized swelling, or...?

yup... thats exactly what i mean..

have you noticed that if you inject into one delt, that week your delts dont have bilateral symmetry?? thats one thing that judged look for in competition..

i guess if you were to shoot high into the glutes it wouldn't be too much of a concern.. but the gold standard is to stop injections a week out

Started test E and Primo 16 weeks out. Just came off a great mass cycle 12 or so weeks ago and have kept pretty much all my size with great PCT and diet.

Just added T3 and anavar this week. Will add in Mast, winnny 8 weeks out. Maybe hire a coach to help with the last 4 weeks of drug protocol because that is where I need help. Hence why I am here. Not here to debate competing.

I would post pics but I would rather stay anonymous. So let's just say I have cycled 4 times before with great results and carry a good amount of size for my stature. I am by no means fat or in a state where I can't bring in a great package in 12 weeks. So no, I will not be a laughing stock at this level of competition. Lol. I am confident about that. Even some top pros don't come in with shredded glutes. Not that it is on purpose but I really do not feel like me doing my first show last notice is the end of the world. The point of doing it is for fun and to gain experience. Then I will know better for next time.

you are going to hire a coach for drug protocol??? seriously, thats what youre worried about??

so youre very well versed in carb/sodium loading/deload?? you know what to do for the last week?? 3 days before?? day before? day of?

you understand the rules of sodium and potassium??

That would also be another helpful point in hiring a coach for the last 4 weeks. To help with that. Although Google is pretty helpful for finding information... It would be good to get an experienced opinion though.

Surely all of you learned a thing or two from your first competition... I mean, that is kinda the point. To learn. And I know for a fact that everyone preps differently. So what you think is right for peak week etc will be different from the next guy. I just want some opinions. That is all I asked for.

with the exception of one guy, no one has stuck to the purpose of my post... I guess this is also why I avoid forums. Trolls.

Also on another note (for those who mentioned this) it is probably a bad sign if you can't prep for a show within 12 weeks on gear... That likely means you are fat as fuck and need to hop off the cheeseburgers. That is not at all the point of this post. I have a goal, I have put it into action. I am confident in how I look, with my posing, and with drugs. Obviously I have a lot to learn. I just wanted some input from others and then for the last part of prep I will require help. This is not at all helpful though.

Peace.

with the exception of one guy, no one has stuck to the purpose of my post... I guess this is also why I avoid forums. Trolls.

Also on another note (for those who mentioned this) it is probably a bad sign if you can't prep for a show within 12 weeks on gear... That likely means you are fat as fuck and need to hop off the cheeseburgers. That is not at all the point of this post. I have a goal, I have put it into action. I am confident in how I look, with my posing, and with drugs. Obviously I have a lot to learn. I just wanted some input from others and then for the last part of prep I will require help. This is not at all helpful though.

Peace.

i prep clients for shows for a living..

and if you want to put enough lbm on in the off season youre going to come in a little heavier.. so 16-20 weeks is my gold standard.. so its not a "bad sign"

here are some of my "fat as fuck" cheeseburger eating clients..

Back