Could knee issues be related to AI?

synonymous

I've just started the process of trying to figure out why my left knee feels off. Best way to describe it, right knee is normal, like the gears are matching up while bending. Left knee, however, feels like the gears aren't even touching and there's this weird space between them. Also, there's pain on inner side of the left knee, where I believe the hamstring wraps around. In the gym, as I walk around and carry weights, the pain goes away. There's a dull sensation that somethings not 100 percent. When I finish things off with cardio, it's as if there's a build up to an eventual 'crack' which feels almost like I'm cracking my knuckles, only it's in my knee. After the crack, nothing. And after cardio, both legs are jello to a certain point so it's hard to tell.

Doctor did a physical. He said there may be some fluid underneath. The x-ray showed no issues. I'm suppose to stretch and ice it often while taking NSAID. I go back the day after tomorrow. So far, nothing has helped. If I sit, I know once I stand and start walking (Standing is not an issue, so I could squat) there's going to be pain for a short period.

The next step is an MRI.

I mentioned to the doctor all the drugs I've been taking and he sees none of them as being an issue. Because of my age, he doesn't think that the MRI will show us that much more than we already know. I guess I'm hoping someone out there may have gone through what I'm going through and can chime in. I only mention the AI because, and I can't remember where, I read that long term AI use can cause joint issues. However, I've only been on the AI for a year...I was about to write 6 months but it's been a year...man time flies when you're dialing in your numbers.

Can you tell us what protocol you're on? What about recent bloodwork?

Even without that information, it doesn't really sound like your E2 is the issue. It sounds like you've injured your knee. It's true that low E2 can cause joint pain/popping, but it would be a bit odd to have it occur in just one joint.

Not sure what your doctor means when he says that an MRI probably won't give you any more information. That's kinda how MRIs work, they give you more information about joint injuries than any other type of diagnostic testing. As long as the MRI is done with arthrogram, you should be able to get a pretty good idea of what's going on in there.

Can you tell us what protocol you're on? What about recent bloodwork?

Even without that information, it doesn't really sound like your E2 is the issue. It sounds like you've injured your knee. It's true that low E2 can cause joint pain/popping, but it would be a bit odd to have it occur in just one joint.

Not sure what your doctor means when he says that an MRI probably won't give you any more information. That's kinda how MRIs work, they give you more information about joint injuries than any other type of diagnostic testing. As long as the MRI is done with arthrogram, you should be able to get a pretty good idea of what's going on in there.

65mg test x2 week
500iu hcg x2 week
0.25 mg Adex x2 week

No recent bloodwork. Last time my E2 was 35 but that was the non-sensitive assay

Too bad you are in Japan and cannot just use Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online. I did bloodwork with them a few days ago and got the results the next day. Seriously fast and cheap.

The proof of what is wrong with the US medical system is seen right there. For under $60 I can get the bloodwork I need and get it fast. The same tests were ordered by my doctor and the cost to the insurance company was around $800 and it took a week to get the results. Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online is making a profit, to be sure, so why are we charged so much when insurance is involved?

65mg test x2 week
500iu hcg x2 week
0.25 mg Adex x2 week

No recent bloodwork. Last time my E2 was 35 but that was the non-sensitive assay

It's possible that your E2 (sensitive) is a bit too low, but I doubt that it would be low enough to cause the symptoms that you described. Usually the popping/painful joints occur when E2 is crashed...or close to it.

That being said, it's definitely possible for you to have a standard E2 value of 35 and a sensitive value in the single digits, and that could make joints pretty sore.

The fact that it's just the one joint leads me to think that you've got an injury, unrelated to TRT, but maybe low E2 could be making it hurt more. I'd get that MRI/A sooner rather than later.

What was your E2 at prior to starting the AI on that test/hCG protocol? A lot of guys don't need an AI on that protocol.

Do you live in the Northeast? I do, and i had the same issue in my right knee, fluid kept collecting and the knee felt off. I had to have it drained a few times, then the left one swelled up. No injury or anything to explain it. Turned out I had lyme disease. 3 weeks of Doxycycline and I was all fixed, no knee problems since for over 2 months.

65mg test x2 week
500iu hcg x2 week
0.25 mg Adex x2 week

What b.f % are you?
I did 60 mg E3D T with 350 I.u E3D HCG....
Took adex quarter tabs a week or so and my joints hurt the next day and felt no energy and depressed. I said F that dose.

What was your E2 at prior to starting the AI on that test/hCG protocol? A lot of guys don't need an AI on that protocol.

Starting number was 121 before AI was introduced.

What b.f % are you?
I did 60 mg E3D T with 350 I.u E3D HCG....
Took adex quarter tabs a week or so and my joints hurt the next day and felt no energy and depressed. I said F that dose.

High...working with 3J to get it down.

Wouldn't low E2 also affect libido? There's no issue with me there. Other joints don't seem to be an issue. I see the doctor tomorrow. The knee is feeling better but not 100 percent so I'll get the MRI.

Back