creatine cycle

Mad Dawg

Since working out my past 3 yrs. I have tryed many different creatines on the market some with loading fazes and some clamed no loading nessasary. Not one time have i ever cycled off the stuff question is is it really nessasary or am i looking for trouble .I have had great gaines and no side effect of yet. Right now iam using V-12. Any expert advice out there if so let me know.P.S Yes its a long disspute but what the hell. Tear. It. Up. Mad Dawg!

I would suggest cycling Creatine as well. You should always give your body a little break when using any supplements. In my opinion anyway, I would think that prolonged use of Creatine could in fact lead some future kidney disorders. Just my two cents but yes I would say to cycle it for sure.

Does anyone hear believe the loaading dose when first introducing this sup to your system.I think it,s bs

I always load it, what's an extra 5g here & there....it's not going to make you remortgage the house!

70w30 said:
Does anyone hear believe the loaading dose when first introducing this sup to your system.I think it,s bs

It's optional.
By loading you'll increase your muscle creatine concentration faster...

J Appl Physiol 1996 Jul;81(1):232-7 Related Articles, Links

Muscle creatine loading in men.

Hultman E, Soderlund K, Timmons JA, Cederblad G, Greenhaff PL.

Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The effect of dietary creatine and supplementation on skeletal muscle creatine accumulation and subsequent degradation and on urinary creatinine excretion was investigated in 31 male subjects who ingested creatine in different quantities over varying time periods. Muscle total creatine concentration increased by approximately 20% after 6 days of creatine supplementation at a rate of 20 g/day. This elevated concentration was maintained when supplementation was continued at a rate of 2 g/day for a further 30 days. In the absence of 2 g/day supplementation, total creatine concentration gradually declined, such that 30 days after the cessation of supplementation the concentration was no different from the presupplementation value. During this period, urinary creatinine excretion was correspondingly increased. A similar, but more gradual, 20% increase in muscle total creatine concentration was observed over a period of 28 days when supplementation was undertaken at a rate of 3 g/day. In conclusion, a rapid way to "creatine load" human skeletal muscle is to ingest 20 g of creatine for 6 days. This elevated tissue concentration can then be maintained by ingestion of 2 g/day thereafter. The ingestion of 3 g creatine/day is in the long term likely to be as effective at raising tissue levels as this higher dose

i THINK LOADING IN THE BEGINING IS BETTER, I DID LOAD THIS TIME AND I WASNT AS STRONG. I FELT ALOT BETTER WHEN I LOADED CREATINE THAN WHEN I DIDNT. DEFINTLY LOAD AND DEFINTLY CYCLE.

Have you guys tried the Sportlab's Plasmavol yet? If not, give it a try. It's available here through the site as well. It's a great product.

Wether you load or not at the end of thirty days it will be the same.
As far as cycling goes, I've been on it for about 5 months now and I'm gonna start cycling off, but not by just stopping. Instead of taking 5 gms a day I'll start taking it 5 gms every other day and gradually keep on decreasing till around once a week till eventually I am completely off. May sound taboo, but it worked for me last time and I lost no poundage,strength, size at all.

Back