Critique my recomp diet...

69Stanger

Starting a Helladrol/Dermacrine cycle here in a couple days and just ironing out a few details in my diet. I'm 23 6'3" 196 about 19% bf, this is going to be a recomp cycle to lose some body fat and add some size. Diet is as fallows. Let me know what you think or throw your opinions out there! TDEE is about 2800 BMR is 1890, will be doing a 5 day split with cardio on all training days.

3300 cals
300g protein
300g carbs
88g fats

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
25g shake
1 ½ cup kasha go lean

Meal 2
5oz chicken breast no skin grilled
2 cups brown rice weighed cooked

Meal 3
4oz ground turkey breast
10oz black beans

Meal 4
5oz chicken breast no skin grilled
10oz red potato
½ tablespoon olive oil for cooking

Meal 5 post workout
40g whey
1 whole white bagel

Meal 6
6oz London broil (round steak) or, casein shakes (40g) or nonfat greek yogurt (2 cups)

This is going to be more of a bulk. Are you going to be doing cardio?

This is going to be more of a bulk. Are you going to be doing cardio?

Yes I will be doing 30-60 min cardio on the mornings of all training days. I was roughly 300 I might of rounded here and there. But I'm looking for a recomp, what do you think I need to change in my diet to get me to where I want to be?

I counted even lower than that in my head. What are you using to Calc?

I count maybe alittle above 200g protein bro, u must be counting the protein in everything?
Make sure u count protein from protein sources like, chicken, lean ground beef, turkey breast, tuna, salmon, whey, ect ect dont count the protein in oatmeal, bread shit like that, strickly from protein sources bro

I count maybe alittle above 200g protein bro, u must be counting the protein in everything?
Make sure u count protein from protein sources like, chicken, lean ground beef, turkey breast, tuna, salmon, whey, ect ect dont count the protein in oatmeal, bread shit like that, strickly from protein sources bro
Ah, thats exactly what I was doing. I was counting the protein in literally everything. Okay so I need about an extra 30g protein then?.. After that what should I cut my carbs down to?

ignoring the errors with the macros and a little low on the protein side, this is a very solid diet. Where did you get this from? It looks like the work of my friend...

ignoring the errors with the macros and a little low on the protein side, this is a very solid diet. Where did you get this from? It looks like the work of my friend...

Do you live in or around St. Louis? One of my friends who is studying to become a nutritionist helped me out with it. Obviously she doesnt know everything yet thats why i decided to post it up here first and hopefully get some input from the pro's.

Okay so after re-re-checking lol I came up with 226.51 prot. which should give me about 1.45g/lb of LBM and then I got that I should eat 302.01g carbs based off my prot. intake, and keeping my fats at 88g? Does that sound about right for a recomp? Also I'm a little concerned that my caloric intake is to high since my TDEE is only 2800 and I'll be eating 500 over that? Shouldn't I eat right at my TDEE?

Back