Critique my routine I'm starting Monday!

I've been making it to the gym 4-5 days a week. I'm resting plenty, 6-8 hours of sleep a night. HOLY SHIT @ the bear complex. WTF lol. Looks pretty intense, I like it. I'm going to give that a shot. The snatch, I won't be doing that anytime soon, at least not with any weights. I may get the bar and get the form down and maybe add some weights, no way in hell i'm putting any weight on there and getting a injury. I'm sure you didn't mean put a bunch of weight on there, You were saying do it for a warm up. I can see doing that with VERY light weights for a warm up. I'm not going to go do something stupid bro don't worry, thanks for the videos too bro. I appreciate all you guys help on everything. Good bro's here!!
if you have never performed the snatch i would watch a tutorial on youtube, plenty of good ones out there. start with a piece of pvc pipe when learning the form. videotape yoursef from the side to look at your mistakes. you won't be going to the olympics anytime soon but if you're pretty good you will be able to handle much more weight in a short time. nothing saying the oly lifts are some mystical lift that must be taught by a coach. just more technical than your power lifts. once you have properly learned the lift, i would graduate to the bar. then add 10 on each side from there every week. and make sure you are using bumper plates on a platform, otherwise stick to hang snatches and keep your weight even lighter. this is just a warmup unless you want to start getting serious about olympic lifting, so don't worry about poundages so much. it's just a good dynamic lift that will help prime you for moving the big weights in the squat rack.

well i didn't mean half ass the lift, i meant learn it and then use it as part of your warmup. well, sort of ayways. he had posted earlier that he had done some oly liftings, or atleast learnt the lifts. unless i'm thinking of someone else.

Heh, could be -- my reading comprehension is shit. That's why I didn't learn me no college. :)

HOLY SHIT @ the bear complex. WTF lol. Looks pretty intense, I like it. I'm going to give that a shot. The snatch, I won't be doing that anytime soon, at least not with any weights.

Rob does a thruster for the complex (which is sort of a crossfit thing). The way I run the complex is:

1) powerclean
2) power jerk
3) back squat
4) heaving snatch balance (sort of, the grip isn't too wide from the BS)
5) drop & repeat

And for a warmup I run it between 95 and 145 lbs (2-4 25lb bumpers). That's what's so great about the complex, you can go light and use it as a warmup or you can go heavy and use it for conditioning. I've also done it with snatches instead of cleans:

1) power snatch
2) back squat
3) snatch balance
4) drop

And talking of snatches, I'm with donjob on this one: you can run snatches with PVC to get your hips warmed up, get the delts and lats engaged, and get blood pumping. It's crucial that you get the form right before moving up to the bar, but I suspect just running with a 45lb bar isn't going to hurt anyone. I'm downright gasping after an hour or so of snatch work (and it has nothing to do with the tren! promise!). You're not doing it right if it feels relaxed. :)

God damn, everyone of donjobs post is golden. Gonna copy them down, cos he lays down so much info, and straight to the point.
Definetly break up your week and get a day of rest inbetween, by all means train hard, but also rest easy man.

Rob does a thruster for the complex (which is sort of a crossfit thing). The way I run the complex is:

1) powerclean
2) power jerk
3) back squat
4) heaving snatch balance (sort of, the grip isn't too wide from the BS)
5) drop & repeat

And for a warmup I run it between 95 and 145 lbs (2-4 25lb bumpers). That's what's so great about the complex, you can go light and use it as a warmup or you can go heavy and use it for conditioning. I've also done it with snatches instead of cleans:

1) power snatch
2) back squat
3) snatch balance
4) drop

And talking of snatches, I'm with donjob on this one: you can run snatches with PVC to get your hips warmed up, get the delts and lats engaged, and get blood pumping. It's crucial that you get the form right before moving up to the bar, but I suspect just running with a 45lb bar isn't going to hurt anyone. I'm downright gasping after an hour or so of snatch work (and it has nothing to do with the tren! promise!). You're not doing it right if it feels relaxed. :)

i feel ya on that one. i'm the sweatiest and most wore out on my oly days. after an hour (including warmup and maybe some light squats) of doing a shit ton of singles in the clean, clean and jerk and snatch i'm wore the fuck out and my shirt is drenched.

God damn, everyone of donjobs post is golden. Gonna copy them down, cos he lays down so much info, and straight to the point.
Definetly break up your week and get a day of rest inbetween, by all means train hard, but also rest easy man.

thanks, i enjoy helping people out and love lifting so the two go hand in hand on here. i'm pursuing certificates in personal training and may get an asociates in something fitness or nutritional related when i get out of the marine corps. i would like to provide online services and charge for it like 3J does with the nutrition aspect of it. baby steps though, atleast have to have some type of credibility before i can go around charging for online services such as routine programming.

i feel ya on that one. i'm the sweatiest and most wore out on my oly days. after an hour (including warmup and maybe some light squats) of doing a shit ton of singles in the clean, clean and jerk and snatch i'm wore the fuck out and my shirt is drenched.

Exactly. I can recover from a heavy back/front squat day by the next day. But snatches/hang cleans, that takes me a couple days before my traps, delts, hams, and quads are sorted.

Back