Cyp Home Brew

warlord2k10

Last time i tried it, Cyp and Deca clouded up quite a lot. This time, no clouding up so far but there are tiny bubbles. There weren't many until i shook it up .. Does this indicate i might have done something wrong or
is that normal? It is not cloudy, made it about 2 hours ago.

thanks,

its normal. if the bubbles haven't settled over a day then i don't know what it could be. I would still use it personally but if you want better feedback post exactly what you did so we can find out what caused it

Last time i tried it, Cyp and Deca clouded up quite a lot. This time, no clouding up so far but there are tiny bubbles. There weren't many until i shook it up .. Does this indicate i might have done something wrong or
is that normal? It is not cloudy, made it about 2 hours ago.

thanks,

From my experience, I believe the bubbles just mean the solution is thick so the trapped air bubbles (when you shake the oil up) has a harder time getting to the surface. You see, when the oil is thin, the trapped air bubbles are there, too, but it can quickly rise to the top and disappear.

If you want to remove the air bubbles, simply put your vial into a hot water bath for a few minutes, and the oil should become thinner, and this will allow the bubbles to get to the top and disappear.

Cheers mate.

I also think i did not heat it properly. I did some more reading, tried something different and it appears to be much clearer, no bubbles. I mixed the oil and alcohol first, heated, then stirred in the raw for a bit, then placed in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees. Before i was heating in saucepan which didn't get hot enough i am guessing, hence the bubbles which incidentally, 24 hours later turned cloudy. Is this still good to use? When i heat, cloudiness is gone.

Thank you for the feedback! Learning this process, want to get good at it. Fingers numb from Whatman filters, wow!

I also think i did not heat it properly. I did some more reading, tried something different and it appears to be much clearer, no bubbles. I mixed the oil and alcohol first, heated, then stirred in the raw for a bit, then placed in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees. Before i was heating in saucepan which didn't get hot enough i am guessing, hence the bubbles which incidentally, 24 hours later turned cloudy. Is this still good to use? When i heat, cloudiness is gone.

Thank you for the feedback! Learning this process, want to get good at it. Fingers numb from Whatman filters, wow!

Hey mate,

The cloudiness is simply the hormone is "crashing out" of solution, meaning the hormone itself is returning from the liquid state to the solid state. This usually happens when the dosage/concentration is high for a particular hormone.

It's nothing to worry about. To get rid of the cloudiness, just heat the vial for a few minutes using hot water. (Be sure to have a small opening for the vial, so the pressure from the heat doesn't break the vial itself)

About the Whatman filters, there are two things you can do so your fingers don't get numb from pressing on it:

1. Warm the oil before you filter. It will go through the filter much faster.

2. Use a large syringe (20ml or bigger). Also, look into buying a caulk gun, and use it like this:

(invented by Ligand :p)
rUr67s5.jpg

Have you ever blown a filter using the caulk gun? Thats what has always held me back from using it.

Buttman, I can't take credit for inventing that since a friend showed it to me, but I have been using it a loooong time & appreciate the mention! It is a very good method for syringe filters with thicker oils

H2G - I have never blown a filter using that method before. I have one time blown a filter with my thumbs, though. I just make sure not to press too hard with the caulk gun (the syringe will start to bend if the plunger is pulled out and you pump it too many times) and it works like a charm.

I might give that caulk gun a try. I did re-bake some of the Cyp i made, it cleared up on 99% of them. Thanks again for the feedback!

Back