Daily push-ups...ya or nah?

comrade00

I am banned!
The most resistant body part I have to growing is my chest. Everything else seems to grow normally as long as I feed it and rest it...except my chest. It grows very slow. I recently started doing 60 push ups every morning when I wake up and I mean every day. Is this smart? Because I do it even on days when my chest is killing me. Will this be considered over training or no?

Maybe good cardio. Maybe good for your shoulder health. I don't think that's going to make your chest stronger or bigger though.*

You got a backpack you could fill with weights or something like that?

*I am not a bodybuilder

The most resistant body part I have to growing is my chest. Everything else seems to grow normally as long as I feed it and rest it...except my chest. It grows very slow. I recently started doing 60 push ups every morning when I wake up and I mean every day. Is this smart? Because I do it even on days when my chest is killing me. Will this be considered over training or no?
Never train a muscle that is still aching, it needs to heal before it can grow.
And you don`t grow in the gym, you grow when your eating and sleeping

Pushups ed or eod. Make sure to muscles are warm... ie stretch rom etc. Check out 100 pushups .com. I will do 200-300 ed.

there was a study done looking at 50 years of training data, it was noted that static stretching before a workout decreases overall performance. DO functional movements that minic what your going to be doing , so for me if I'm doing bench I will do overhead med ball slams, then move to slam ball slams, then do pushups ..

Last edited:
you should wait until it heals in my opinion. If you don't know these yet, you should take a look : forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112907521&page=1
Personally i broke some plateaus with the muscle confusion principle

Back