DC (Dogg Crap Training)

MeatHead96

Jacked and Tan
Anyone have experience with this? I just started this style of training and am excited to see the results it will bring me. Anyone have thoughts, comments, tips or anything regarding DC training?

tried it, didn't like it. there is a huge following though so maybe i'm missing something or else it just wasn't for me. try it man, just one more thing to throw in your arsenal of knowledge on how your body works and responds, even if it doesn't work like in my case. just make sure you are doing itexactly as prescribed or else you aren't doing "dogg crapp"

Tried it before. I like the idea of really short rest periods between sets and incorporate that now to give my training variety, but aside from that I just don't feel like it's enough.

yeah i def. didn't feel like it was enough either. now i'm not one of those guys that does 10 sets of 10 or anything crazy and dumb like that, but i just didn't feel i was doing enough for me personally. there are some good things you can incorporate into your routine though such as the stretching, controlled slow negatives, cluster type training.

I think its good for me because I feel like I was doing too much before and it was counterproductive. I also kinda feel like people think they need to do a ton of sets and reps to grow but for me I've grown better on lower volume stuff. The key is to go all out on the heavy set of your compound movemement. Anyone else?

I think its good for me because I feel like I was doing too much before and it was counterproductive. I also kinda feel like people think they need to do a ton of sets and reps to grow but for me I've grown better on lower volume stuff. The key is to go all out on the heavy set of your compound movemement. Anyone else?

yeah i hear ya on the overtraining aspect, which a lot of people have a problem with. i don't feel i have that problem though, and DC just wasn't enough. but yeah going 100% on intensity is important on your working sets, i like the fact you focus on your negative and slow it down, not what alot of people do which is let it slam down and bounce off their chest on bench for example. i really like the stretching as well, some thing i'll admit ihaven't been doing at all lately and my hammys are killing me for it

tried it, didn't like it. there is a huge following though so maybe i'm missing something or else it just wasn't for me. try it man, just one more thing to throw in your arsenal of knowledge on how your body works and responds, even if it doesn't work like in my case. just make sure you are doing itexactly as prescribed or else you aren't doing "dogg crapp"

Sadly i agree with don here, i think i jumped the gun on this style of training though because i didn't pass the "3 years of hard training" since it's meant to be an advanced program. Even so i still tried it for about 2 months in which i made GREAT strength gains but for some reason not very much size which i am guessing could of been calorie intake related, i did like it but felt like i could do more and even though i was KILLING myself on those sets i hunger for more. I did grasp some concepts that i liked from it, maybe in the future i will have another go at it.

And the reason i stopped was that my joints were getting thrashed, i could of taken a week off to recoup but i still felt i wasn't "there yet" with it.

Sadly i agree with don here, i think i jumped the gun on this style of training though because i didn't pass the "3 years of hard training" since it's meant to be an advanced program. Even so i still tried it for about 2 months in which i made GREAT strength gains but for some reason not very much size which i am guessing could of been calorie intake related, i did like it but felt like i could do more and even though i was KILLING myself on those sets i hunger for more. I did grasp some concepts that i liked from it, maybe in the future i will have another go at it.

And the reason i stopped was that my joints were getting thrashed, i could of taken a week off to recoup but i still felt i wasn't "there yet" with it.

yeah all that heavy lifting will kill your joints no matter the routine. you said you did it for 2 months, did you do a deload week or two? if not i guarantee if you would've taken a week off or even a week of light lifting you would've come back stronger than ever and ready to tackle the next 8 weeks or so.

How's the program treating you, MeatHead? I'm one week into my first attempt at DC training following the extreme stretching and even including a bit of cardio here and there. The training is HARD. You feel like you haven't done enough, yet you're completely fucked at the end of the session.

And this is just coming from 12 months of high volume training with regular body part splits. I think the higher intensity but with more rest days will work wonders. I'm looking better even after one week. Focusing on protein intake too and trying not to go too heavy on the carbs so I can keep this bulk a lean one.

Made and making SICK strength gains off DC training... but you have to have intensity levels that push you to the point that you LITERALLY feel like you're going to pass out after each set for it to work.
Diet must also be on point. HIGH PROTEIN!

Back