Deadlifts

Jyzza

Owns QualityMuscle.com
How often do you guys do deadlifts. Once a week, once every 2 weeks????

Also, which body part do you do deadlifts w/?????

Is the first exercise or last??

Stiff legs once a week with back. Regular deads when I'm in the mood. Usually evey other week or so.

I have been doing deadlifts once a week and it becomes more difficult to do. I'll go every other week and see what happens.

Please feel free to input you thoughts people.

i tried to do heavy deads every week, but after about a month i stagnated, i rotate between heavy deads, and partials, always first thing on back day

jyzza said:
What about heavy deadlifts????????

I do them about once every 2 workouts. I find that I have to be "in the mood" to do deadlifts. I find that there are so many good exercises for back, that my workouts will vary from week to week.

Deadlifts are a must for me on back day every week.Theres nothing better for building your lower back and its great for building overall strength,alot of the members in my gym seem to think its only for pre-contest that people do them.I think this is because theyre hard,alot of my gym members think like that.

I do them on my Legg/Lower back day. ITs either deads, squats, or GM's. I see no sence on doing them on back day. The majority of the muscles worked fit more off a Legg day profile.

I will do SLDL & Good mornings on leg day(every week), I do dl every 9 days which covers 2 back days.

LongBall

i do deads every 4 days. you could say that i'm in a perpetual state of soreness.

here's what my workout looks like on that day:

45-degree leg press or squats - 5 sets x 8-12 reps or 5 x 5
deadlifts - 4-5 x 5
calf raises - 5 x 10-15
lunges (if i'm feeling brave) - 2 x 10

Last edited:
ive also been incorporating partial deadlifts, so i lower my total sets to 3 of heavy deads (two warmup) and the two sets of partial, my strength has gone up tremendously.

i rotate it every 2 weeks, so every 2nd week on back day, 1st exercise i do regular deadlifts, then 2 weeks later i do 3/4 (rack) deadlifts, then repeat etc, 2 weeks later reg etc. The reason i do it like this is because i do a lot of singles and heavy percentage pulls, like 90% of my max or more sometimes, so i need more time to recover.

a lot of powerlifters i know say it takes 10 days to recover from heavy deads , louie simmons and the westside gym hardly ever actually deadlift they do all sorts of specific training to train the deadlift this allows them to train for the deadlift without waiting 10 days for recovery

Back