Decided on first cycle, finally!!

jerrymaguire26

Well, after much research and getting some great advice from this board, this will be my first cycle. A very simple, cheap, and hopefully effective 400mg/week of LFC test enathate for 10 weeks. I was going to add EQ, but figure for my first cycle I'd just keep it real simple, lots of time for more advanced cycles later. I'm 28, 6'0, 180 pounds, obviously haven't reached my genetic limit at that weight, but have my workout routine and diet down pretty solid, so f@@k it, I'm going to hit the gear. I have 36 clomid tabs for post cycle, and nolva on hand just in case, allthough I don't think the water retention or gyno should be a big problem at such a low dose.

Ok, two questions, right now I am working out one body part per day, plus 30 minutes of cardio. Should I change that, workout 2 body parts per day, lower the cardio, etc? Will the cardio help with bloating? Also, for diet, again, I don't want too much bloat, will eating really clean help me get a little less water retention, or will it just inhibit the gains that I should be achieving on a test cycle.

Finally, I'm in Canada, so I can just buy pins at the drug store right. 25 guage 1 inch for test?

I hope these questions aren't too silly, please don't flame me, lol.

Keep your workout the same. What does it look like exactly? IO really think unless your competing, you can do with just diet to keep lean. I would shoot for about 400g of proetine, 400g of clean low glycemic carbs (except post workout) and about 100g of good fats. UP the carbs and fat if gains are stalling.

Yes you can buy pins from any pharmacy in Canada. My advice to you when asking the pharmacy chic for the pins is, say you called a couple days before hand and the guy you spoke with said they were in stock. For some reason those bastards always say "No" when the shit is right there.

As for your workout routein, just do what you have been doing all this time (as long as its working). What works for someone else might not work for you so don't always work off peoples advice.

It's very reassurring to see that someone has actually put in the time, did the research and planned what I consider to be a very responsible, well-thought out first cycle. You can buy pins from www.getpinz.com. I believe they ship to Canada but I'm not sure. I use a 23 G X 1" for shoulders and legs and 23 G X 1.5" for glutes.

I'm not a huge fan of cardio on a bulking cycle. 30 minutes can't hurt but I do little to no cardio while I'm bulking. You can get Liquidex from either www.researchkits.com or http://www.liqua-solutions.com/dex.html to help reduce the bloat.

While bulking, I usually take in a high protein count (1.5 - 2x body wieght) = 460 grams. I also take in carbs after a workout or in the morning hours. You might want to get some r-ALA as it helps direct the carbs you eat into the muscle cells versus the fat cells so they aren't stored as fat.

I've been looking into this H.I.T. training philosophy and several people claim they've been getting excellent results. This is a contrary method to what I'm used to. For years I've been hitting 1 muscle group a day 5 days a week. H.I.T emphasizes the belief that "Less is More". In some H.I.T workouts as few as 6 sets can be used to absolutely blast the whole body. Here's a link to a great article on it.

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/hit1.html

This will be the new training regime:

3 Day H.I.T Split

Day 1 - Thighs, Shoulders
Squat - 2x20 (You can go heavy if you like, instead use 3x6)
Leg Press - 1 set til failure (Done immediately after last set of squats)
Leg Extension - 1x20
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 2 till failure
Lateral Raise - 2x15

Day 2 - Chest, Tris
Flat Bench or Incline Bench - 1x10, 1x6
Dumbell Press - 2x8
Tricep Extension - 2x8
Close Grip Bench - Press-2x8

Day 3 - Back, Bis
Deadlift - 2x20 (Again like the squat go heavy if thats what you like, I prefer high reps)
Lat Pulldown - 2x8 (get a good stretch and alot of negative on these)
Rows (Seated, Bent Over whatever you like best) - 2 sets to failure
Barbell Curl - 1x8
Preacher or Concentration Curl - 2x10

Last edited:
Great first cycle. Nothing better then test for building quatily mass. When bulking i like to do cardio 3 times a week for about 20-30min. It helps keep my bp lower and i stay in better shape. I like to do volume train 15-20 sets per bodypart when on.

jerrymaguire26 said:

Finally, I'm in Canada, so I can just buy pins at the drug store right. 25 guage 1 inch for test?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up some 18 g - 1.5" pins for drawing up your gear, you can get a box of 100 for around $6.

Juice Authority said:

I've been looking into this H.I.T. training philosophy and several people claim they've been getting excellent results. This is a contrary method to what I'm used to. For years I've been hitting 1 muscle group a day 5 days a week. H.I.T emphasizes the belief that "Less is More". In some H.I.T workouts as few as 6 sets can be used to absolutely blast the whole body. Here's a link to a great article on it.

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/hit1.html

This will be the new training regime:

3 Day H.I.T Split

Day 1 - Thighs, Shoulders
Squat - 2x20 (You can go heavy if you like, instead use 3x6)
Leg Press - 1 set til failure (Done immediately after last set of squats)
Leg Extension - 1x20
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 2 till failure
Lateral Raise - 2x15

Day 2 - Chest, Tris
Flat Bench or Incline Bench - 1x10, 1x6
Dumbell Press - 2x8
Tricep Extension - 2x8
Close Grip Bench - Press-2x8

Day 3 - Back, Bis
Deadlift - 2x20 (Again like the squat go heavy if thats what you like, I prefer high reps)
Lat Pulldown - 2x8 (get a good stretch and alot of negative on these)
Rows (Seated, Bent Over whatever you like best) - 2 sets to failure
Barbell Curl - 1x8
Preacher or Concentration Curl - 2x10

I'm currently debating the same issue. I will either employ the HIT workout, or stick with my current one muscle group a day/five days a week workout (with higher intensity) I'd like to hear some more feedback on this.

Pardon my ignorance guys, but all pharmacies sell needles to the public just like that here in Canada?

So I can just go into shoppers drug mart pharmacy (or any other pharmacy) and get pins without an issue?? They don't require any kind of documentation, etc???

Hey Mister said:
Pardon my ignorance guys, but all pharmacies sell needles to the public just like that here in Canada?

So I can just go into shoppers drug mart pharmacy (or any other pharmacy) and get pins without an issue?? They don't require any kind of documentation, etc???

YES....but some only carry slin pins, so you might have to phone around first.

Re: Re: Decided on first cycle, finally!!

StoneColdNTO said:
Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up some 18 g - 1.5" pins for drawing up your gear, you can get a box of 100 for around $6.
:worried: I get blood taken out of me every few months and they use 18 gauge and god damn it hurts! May I ask why you need the 18 gauge to draw the test? Cuz then you would be injecting with the same needle no? I mean when they take blood from me it goes in my "elbow pit" I can't imagine in my ass with that size of pin :worried:

Re: Re: Re: Decided on first cycle, finally!!

Justusgreen said:
:worried: I get blood taken out of me every few months and they use 18 gauge and god damn it hurts! May I ask why you need the 18 gauge to draw the test? Cuz then you would be injecting with the same needle no? I mean when they take blood from me it goes in my "elbow pit" I can't imagine in my ass with that size of pin :worried:
No, you put a 25g needle on to inject, 18g is just easier to draw with.

Re: Re: Re: Decided on first cycle, finally!!

Justusgreen said:

NO...NO.....18g. is to draw the test out of the amp or vial only -- you then switch pins to what ever guage you are going to inject with. It is just way easier and quicker to do it this way.

Even if you use a 23 g to penetrate the rubber stopper on a vial, it is a good idea to change pins before you inject, that way you do not have a dull pin.

yeah cause sometimes that sauce takes forever to fuckin come out, so I use a drawer it's easier then sitting there waiting for that shit to come out. Great cycle too I did that for my first one and I gained 30lbs, but I didn't hit any cardio cause I was trying to just mass on, but I wouldn't do it everyday, maybe 2x week. Good luck bro

*whew* am I glad about that! 18 gauge is fucking awful, especially when the nurse is like old school and just jams it in....you should see the bruise sometimes. Anyways I have heard of people drawing the syringe before poking into the bottle and blowing air inside to create a reverse pressure so it will draw out better. What's your take? either way changing the pin is better than using the larger ones it's like getting :stickpoke:

Justusgreen said:
Anyways I have heard of people drawing the syringe before poking into the bottle and blowing air inside to create a reverse pressure so it will draw out better. What's your take?

Some guys do and some don't. If you do it though, just make sure you don't put in more air than what you plan on withdrawing. ie; if you want to use 2 cc of gear, only put 2 cc of air in first.

If you over-pressurize the vial, when you take the pin out of the stopper, you're gonna lose some gear, it just shoots out, kinda like a little geyser. :mad:

Back