Diet advice

Larrybird

Hey everybody, I'm not new to BB but I've been out of it for a while. Before I get started back into the sport, I want to figure out how to get my diet situated. I know the basics, eat more veggies, complex carbs, low fats, high protein, but I have a problem when it comes to to dieting.

This happens to be me quite a bit, my diet always starts out really well at the beginning of the week and then come the end of the week I get the sugar jones'. I feel my blood sugar drop and I just get extremely hungry. I get so hungry sometimes that I can't control how much I eat.

I'm getting enough calories, but I'm afraid that I'm not getting enough sugar / carbohydrates to keep my blood sugar in the stead range.

Most days I average between 100-200g of carbs with about 50g of sugar. Some days it can be as low as 100 or some days it can be as high as 240g carbs.

I'm coming to the point where I'm desperate. I have a PFA assessment coming up in 3 months and I need to lose about 15-25lbs within a 14 week time frame. I know it's possible, but my progress keeps getting hindered with these weekend binges.

My hope is, that by posting my diet, I can get some advice where I can make adjustments. Please let me know where I can change or what I can add to keep my diet in check!

Bfast (0600)
1/2 cup dry oatmeal w/ 1/6 cup sliced almonds and 1/2 serving apple
Omelet made out of 1 whole egg and 2/3 cup egg beater w/ fat free cheese.

CAL: 500
CARB/PRO/FAT/sugars
62/34/14/21

Snack (0900)
1/2 cup Brown Rice
4oz chicken breast
CAL: 225
23/25/3.3/0

Lunch: (1200-1400)
Turkey, Ham, Turkey Pastrami sandwich on Whole Grain Bread
Light Yogurt
CALS:500
60/42/9.2/24

Snack (1700)
2 servings of nuts
CALS:228
8/8/20/1

1930 45 minute cardio (usually elliptical)

Dinner (2030)
5oz Salmon w/ 1bsp Olive oil
Veggies (2 servings)
1 serving of strawberries
CALS: 570
24/41/28/10

Snack (2130-2230)
.75cup FF cottage cheese
CAL:110
8/22/1/4

TOTALS:
CAL:2,220
CARB: 192
PRO:174
FAT:90

This is typically what I eat day in and day out. Please, if anybody can tell me why I'm having these cravings late in the week I'll do anything to change it. I'm getting desperate. I have to lose 5-7% BF in 3 1/2 months and I'm desperate. I'm tired of setting myself up for failure.

My exercise regimen looks something like this

Works days: 30-45 minutes of cardio
Non work days: chest or legs or back with 20-30 minutes of cardio.

Do you guys thing that when I get these cravings that my blood sugar is just really low? Should I try drinking a cup of OJ and see how that makes me feel afterwards? I've tried eating a snack and waiting 20 minutes but my craving is still there. I'm wondering if I'm just so hypoglycemic and if my body is craving sugar. Please, any input would be awesome.

Controlling diet is quite difficult for everyone who are interested to lose weight or always keep their body fit.Regular routines may be give successful results through which we can get from any diet solution training where each and every procedures are means your exercises, choice of food etc .Actually I want to advice you for controlling snacks quantity and increase your strength level through exercises.

Controlling diet is quite difficult for everyone who are interested to lose weight or always keep their body fit.Regular routines may be give successful results through which we can get from any diet solution training where each and every procedures are means your exercises, choice of food etc .Actually I want to advice you for controlling snacks quantity and increase your strength level through exercises.

Awesome post! thansk for the enormous insight!

Back