diet help

dr00fy

im 17 and i weigh 156 pounds and im 5'10.. i can't really decide what diet works best.. i gain lots of weight easy and it takes a fricken long time to loose it

First off, Welcome!

secondly, could you post an example of what you would eat in the run of a day.. we can work from there.
Also, just to be sure.. are you lifting weights? (gotta ask) :)

Are you any relation to "d00fy"??......just wondering cause he spelled his name with "zeros" instead of "o's" too.

i still live with my parents so i dont really decide what to eat for dinner but i usually have two sandwiches for lunch and a fruit.. and for dinner usually some meat like chicken or steak and some vegetables.. i drink protein shakes on the days i work out and i drink a glass of gatorade mix on the days i do cardio..

I lost quite a lot of weight just doing cardio and working out.. I guess the next step would be to start dieting as well as the other two... i really dont care how much i weigh i just want to loose my man boobs and get some abs =P

Lets start with some basics. its apparant that your not getting in enough protein. aim for 1-1.5g protein/lb of bodyweight (the upper end would be better). You need to be eating a quality protein source every 2.5 - 3 hrs to keep your metabolism going. If your cutting, then keep carbs strictly to the first 3 meals of the day, then switching to only fiberous veggies as a source of carbs. your better carb sources include brown rice, old fashioned oats, sweet potatoes/yams, legumes/beans, bran, squash and fiberous veggies of course. Limit all processed breads and such, even whole wheat products.
If your cutting, then aim for 12x your bodyweight in calories to begin with.

when are you doing cardio? how much? how long?

NEVER have carbs alone, as I see you were doing after cardio. the ideal time for the gatorade(dextrose) would be with your whey protein shake post workout (weights). Aside from that, sugar is a huge 'no no' in your diet.

I might also mention you need fats, healthy ones, EFA's.. olive oil, hemp oil, flax seed oil, natural peanut butter, nuts/seeds in moderations, fatty fish. Its the wrong kind of saturated fats that you need to worry about.

atherjen said:
Lets start with some basics. its apparant that your not getting in enough protein. aim for 1-1.5g protein/lb of bodyweight (the upper end would be better). You need to be eating a quality protein source every 2.5 - 3 hrs to keep your metabolism going. If your cutting, then keep carbs strictly to the first 3 meals of the day, then switching to only fiberous veggies as a source of carbs. your better carb sources include brown rice, old fashioned oats, sweet potatoes/yams, legumes/beans, bran, squash and fiberous veggies of course. Limit all processed breads and such, even whole wheat products.
If your cutting, then aim for 12x your bodyweight in calories to begin with.

when are you doing cardio? how much? how long?

NEVER have carbs alone, as I see you were doing after cardio. the ideal time for the gatorade(dextrose) would be with your whey protein shake post workout (weights). Aside from that, sugar is a huge 'no no' in your diet.

I might also mention you need fats, healthy ones, EFA's.. olive oil, hemp oil, flax seed oil, natural peanut butter, nuts/seeds in moderations, fatty fish. Its the wrong kind of saturated fats that you need to worry about.

You said it all!!!!!

Eat tons of healthy food, train hard and stay away from sugar, fried food. Remember you are what you eat:afro:

Back