DNP 2004 The Definitive Word?

i have done it. the caps where already collecting dust on my gear shelf for 2 years, i have to admit i was too scared to take it. some months ago a friend of me told me of a female she knew from another gym but did not see for a year or so, that she know has a perfect slim body and has told her she uses 400-600mg of dnp almost every weekend or at least every 2nd weekend. she works at a chemical factory and gets the raw material for free. since i was currently on a diet cycle i thought well we could try it out, togehter we are now 4 users, me and 3 females. our findings:
- the ladies need more to feel the heat; 400-600mg ed that is; i can't even tolerate 400mg ed, the night sweats are unbearable. i am 210 lbs; a lady with 120 lbs can take 50% more of my dose and still does not sweat; our explanation: their metabolism is way lower than mine, they normally have cold hand and feet and don't sweat even in 90 degree heat in summer
- those who are eating lowcarb didn't fatique noticeably faster on dnp than without; the one with a highcarb diet (50% or so) does get lethargic much quicker; of course, i've sweating in the gym a lot more when on dnp, but with enough water to drink its just like training in the summer, its hot but not does not really disturb my workout.
- 2 days after discontinuation of dnp the effects are almost gone. one lady will go on an 2 week cycle running 400mg and will see whether this would generate a longer lasting effect on her metabolism; she hopes it will, i doubt it
- whether it prevented us from getting a cold would be interesting to know; it had freezing temperatures outside and i went out with just a shirt for days and did not catch a cold even when everybody was coughing and sneezing at the workplace. but this just could have been a coincidence
- on some days i had the feeling that dnp actually curbed my appetite; again, this seems to be different between highcarb (dnp generates hunger pangs) and lowcarb (it does not)
- i don't measure myself, just look in the mirror. i reached my goal - a visible 6pack - in almost 2 weeks instead of an estimated 3-5 weeks, at least thats how long it took me the last 3 times i was coming off a bulking cycle. one female holds a weight she says she was never in her life as an adult able to maintain. another one has only run it for 4 days and cannot tell any visible difference, she will do a 2 weeker soon

so nothing particularly new, i will not recommend using dnp or any other fatburner to anybody, but it was an interesting experience. not that anyone of us wouldn't have reached our fat loss goal without dnp just with lowcarb dieting alone, it would only have taken longer.

Drveejay... sorry to drop out on you. I wasn't ducking the thread because of flamers. I just didn't have time to make a statement that was contrary to what was said by one poster... then come back and support my arguement. I basically felt if I couldn't return to justify my position - I should just keep my mouth shut.

SofaGeorge said:
Drveejay... sorry to drop out on you. I wasn't ducking the thread because of flamers. I just didn't have time to make a statement that was contrary to what was said by one poster... then come back and support my arguement. I basically felt if I couldn't return to justify my position - I should just keep my mouth shut.

:confused: DAMN!!! Talk about PURE unadulterated genuine f'ing HONESTY! Mad props for your honesty Sofa.........definitely a rarity these days!!! And........you have NO NEED to apologize for anything brother! Thanks for stopping by :)

Aw c'mon sofa. Opinions are fine, too. You don't need research to back up an opinion based on personal experience. Most of the science is off point anyway, cause researchers just don't study things from the perspective we are interested in.

Drveejay11 said:
From Sofa (DNP Guru):

:mad:

This really pisses me off b/c Sofa has more real world experience combined with being an intelligent individual and as a result of "someone" (not sure WHO), he will not participate in this thread! THIS is precisely WHY flaming and over-extended ego's are NOT welcome here!

:flamingma

precisely

ironmaster said:
Aw c'mon sofa. Opinions are fine, too. You don't need research to back up an opinion based on personal experience. Most of the science is off point anyway, cause researchers just don't study things from the perspective we are interested in.

YUP!! Great point!

We'd love to hear from ya Sofa!

gator_mclusky said:
i enjoy my cocktail.....wuld one have to quit drinking altogether...and why does one not drink on it?

Gator

Is my question unimportant or just overlooked?

Sure ur not supposed to drink on juice either or drink much at all for that matter but is it particularly bad to do on dnp?

Thanks in advance.

Gator

Due to it's stress on the liver and more importantly its ability to dehydrate the body........YES: you should absolutely avoud it while on DNP!!!

Here is a simple statement - Pork rinds are a superior fat loss aid than DNP.

I'm in the middle of an extended project to log the daily bodyfat changes from following a strict low carb diet - as opposed to a moderate carb diet with DNP - a high carb diet and DNP - and a low carb diet with DNP.

I won't have full data for another couple months, but from what I've already seen I can say that by all appearences - low carbing it without DNP does a better job than medium to high carbs with DNP. (If you low carb it and take DNP you get a better result than low carbs alone.)

This is going to be significant to look at because I firmly believe the reason most people fail to gain benefit from DNP cycles is that DNP causes enormous carb cravings - and most people have the will power of gnats. This becomes more interesting to look at because of the mentality of most people interested in DNP - they want a quick fix without the work.

There is no supporting evidence to show that for the majority of people following a simple Atkins type low carb diet won't provide them with results similar to someone taking 200-400mg DNP w/medium to high carbs. (Primarily because most people on DNP go on eating binges and negate the benefits of the DNP.)

Back to pork rinds - I'm snacking on a full big bag or pork rinds each night w/diet rite cola. What I've been making sure I do for the last couple months is follow a strict Atkins low carb diet. I'm comparing my charts to former extended DNP cycles where I low carbed it... and where I ate carbs constantly while on 600-800mg DNP. The pork rinds control the urge to snack... and low carbing it is beating the numbers on DNP for weightloss.

This brings me to my own belief that the pros/cons of DNP are not scientific issues regarding efficacy and best use. They are emotional and psychological issues regarding the users of DNP and their motivations/practices. Simply stated - I think DNP attracts the wrong crowd in general. Few people using it are pro bodybuilders cutting up for shows. The majority of people popping DNP caps appear to have serious emotional and self control issues, lack of education about proper exercise and diet, and they are unwilling to genuinely address the long term solutions to weight control.

I don't know if this fits into this thread. I'm working 16 hour days 7 days a week on multiple projects - and don't fully have time to read through threads these days to make sure what I'm saying is applicable. If this thread was about the proper way to cap DNP and I am way off topic - sorry. It is just that this is the substance of what I am most recently seeing from my own self experiments.

Last edited:
SofaGeorge said:

This brings me to my own belief that the pros/cons of DNP are not scientific issues regarding efficacy and best use. They are emotinal and psychological issues regarding the users of DNP and their motivations/practices. Simply stated - I think DNP attracts the wrong crowd in general. Few people using it are pro bodybuilders cutting up for shows. The majority of people popping DNP caps appear to have serious emotional and self control issues, lack of education about proper exercise and diet, and they are unwilling to genuinely address the long term solutions to weight control.

I couldnt agree more, too many people turn to stuff like dnp as they think they can avoid doing any work themselves.

needsize said:
I couldnt agree more, too many people turn to stuff like dnp as they think they can avoid doing any work themselves.

Exactly - and it kind of busts everybody's cookies when you ask, "Why use DNP if it DOESN'T work better than diet and exercise?"

god bless
needsize said:

great point!
the best fat loss recipe i have ever used,(including dnp) goes like this!

1. will power/discapline
2. diet
3. cardio
4. hgh
5. intense training
6. clen 2 wks/eca 2wks.....and so on
7. repeat step one, every moment of every day!!:) :)

god bless

That's exactly the kind of post I was expecting from sofa, and it fits this thread perfectly. I was looking for the pros and cons from veterans with real life experience. We will look forward to your final report

I've used dnp myself a few times, only gone over 200mg a day once, and it wasnt necessary. It worked good for me, but only as part of a strict diet. I actually had dnp laying around when I did the contest diet, but I didnt want anyone saying I took the easy route to 4% bf so I refused to use them

Actually, dnp works great when you hit a sticking point. Sure, you can play with carbs and calories to try and kickstart your metabolism. I'd rather stick to a low cab diet and occasionally use some t3, eca, and dnp...2 weeks of low carb and 200-400mg of dnp dumped 10 lbs off of me. With everything else in line, dnp can be a great assest. The new book "chemical muscle" has a last ditch 28 day diet fo a guy that needed to make a competition and it worked...Use it smart, listen to your body and dnp works well. I wouldn't recommend going over 400mg a day either...

Back