do deadlifts thicken waist

:) very nice PB :) i would like to train with you one of these days, i think i could definatly learn a lot even in just one session :)

lolololololololololololol you and ur jokes! lol... just cuz i gots not teefies doesnt mean u can make fun of me! lol

ok here it is, tonights work out. its the toughest one of the week and i didnt think i was gonna make it.

tread mill
45 minutes at 3.2, 0 incline.
HR 130-137.

damn thats a lot of volume.

whoa... we did the same workout yesterday... lololololol i was at 3.2 for 45 mins, and i watched spaceballs on tv :D it was a good time lolol

OK here's tonights workout. posterior night at the gym.

warmed up to 405 on deads just to pratice my new hook grip. damn they hurt. sho will be glad when them nerves is dead and gone.

good mornings from the pins
405 x 6

seated rows
300 x 6

high rows
12 plates x 6

and you not gonna beleive it, i did some curls. yes thats right, CURLS (rhymes with girls), i even posted the video in the training videos sticky.

dumb bell curls
65s x 6

guess what? we caught some young guys leaving weightsa on, of all things, the leg press. they left 6 100lb plates on the machine and left two more layin over to the side. we got they ass. "uh we cleaned up our weights". No you didnt. "uh yes we did". not on the leg press. "uh thats right we forgot. we thought we may do another set". fellas come on now you been at the smoothie bar sweatin the counter girl for thirty minutes. "oh uhh....OK i'll clean um up"
so i go back witht the one that went back and helped him and gave him the shpeel on proper gym ediquette. he tried to leave one on the ground and I said get that ione too. He said "uh we didnt put that one there". i said pick it up anyway cause someone put it there and you guys the last one's to use the damn machine. I wanted to fry his fat jaws. punk. then he wanted to be my friend and asked how much i bench and squat? I told him and added that i pick up my weights too. aint gym life fun?

Last edited:
pulllinbig i think you will be proud of me...
todays workout:
Deadlift:
135 x 10
225 x 6
275 x 4
315 x 7 <-- yes 7... i dont know how but i just did it :)
365 x 3
405 x 2
465 x 2
495 x 1

the last 2 sets were my worksets, after 495 i felt like i was gonna blow a nut lol..so i was done :) but, it was all raw :) no belt, no straps :) my hands and shins were bleeding when i was done. but damn, it was worth it :)

ah...... young weed hooper. you make the master proud. you check out my deads i posted in the training video sticky? see if you doing them like that. and of couse check out my curl. i am soo proud i curled. lolololololol like going to home coming at a baptist church. fried chicken and snap bean casarols and sweet tea.

tonights workout. its another rep burner.

squats 500 x 10, was gonna do 12 but i got sick after the 7th rep so i racked after 10 and just did make the back door.

messed around and did a couple of sets of 10 front squats with 185. some guys were doing them so i said what the hell. i hate those things cause they choke me.

2 x 10 on leg press 800lb
1 x 10 980
1 x 5 1180

just messin around with the guys here.i was shot after reg squats.

damn ... didn't know this thread kept going .. didn't see it at the top as a sticky :( ....

nice numbers pullin ... must be annoying loading plates for you lolol

good job w00t .. what are your stats / age ?
you do 6 warmup sets .. do you feel that they tire you out at all ? cuz ur warmup with heavy weight to lol ?

weight: 265
height: 6'3"
bf%: 13-15%

and yea.. i basically just work my way up doing low reps... and there is plenty of time between sets as well to get myself back to super strength again lolololol

hey pullin, im curious to know what your opinion is on the westside barbell system? do you think that these principles only apply to gear assisted powerlifters? would a raw lifter be better off if he were to add more full range movements for the core lifts?

I get overtrained on west side. I have tried it three times and got injured everytime. louis guys are great squatters but only have one bencher so to speak of. bands and chains have thier place but are geared more for the assisted lifters. Check out the routine i posted on page six of this thread and see what you think. It is easily modified if you need more volume but all will benefit from it.

thanx for the reply, but i have a question about your sets.
when you say you do a warm up on your squats and deadlifts, "pyramiding" up so to speak, and then do max effort on the last one or two sets, do you do this on all exercises?
i'm sure the extra volume added by the warm ups aids in hypertrophy. right? i'm a college football player, and i'm looking to gain strength as well as size. is there a description or a scheme of sets and reps that you could give me that i might apply to dips or any other accessory work?

you know i dont count my warm ups. as of late i only ben doin 1 work set. my last heavy squat went like this

bar (55lb bar) for 20 or 25 reps i dont count
145 for 15 or 20
235 for 10 or so
325 for 6 or 8
415 for 3 or 4
505 for a dbl
595 for a dbl
645 for a dbl
705 for a dbl
755 for a dbl

and thenm my work set
805 for a single.

my warm ups are light to me so i dont count them

my last heavy bench went like this
135 for 10 or so
225 for 10 or so]
315 for 5 or 6
405 for 3 or so
495 for a dbl
545 for a single
and then my work set 585 for a single.

now these where max out days which i rarelt do.

typical squat is warm ups and then anywhere from 500 for 10 to 650 for 4 or 5 for worksets.

i aint worried about hypertrophy, i just wanna get stronger. but you know what as you get stronger you get bigger.

the center of any program geard for strength should consist of squats, deads or variation of, bench or dips and heavy back work. the smaller muscle groups take care of themselves. you can add bis and calves if you want but it aint necessary. but for looks I aint got a problem with it. check out the video clips in the video section of some of the guys/gals training in our gym.

Last edited:
Back