Do I need to lower my caloric intake for my cut (TRT)

drano55

Eating 2080 calories right now, been doing it for exactly one month so far. I'm down 1 1/2 pounds from when I started (195 -> 193.5lb 6'3), but I also started TRT (100mg test C every 5 days) 3 weeks before my cut.

I am wondering if due to the start of TRT, I am building muscle which is keeping my weight up even though I'm potentially losing fat? My lifts are slightly progressing even in a deficit.

Do I lower my calories/add more cardio or just keep it where I'm at?

I'd guess I'm somewhere between 16-18% bodyfat, clearly visible 4 upper abs, lower abs blurry from some fat.

Total daily calorie intake is most important at boosting testosterone production, so don***8217;t stress that much about total fat intake during the cut. Carbs are more important to promote optimal recovery between workouts to sustain exercise performance for maximal muscle retention.

Total daily calorie intake is most important at boosting testosterone production, so don***8217;t stress that much about total fat intake during the cut. Carbs are more important to promote optimal recovery between workouts to sustain exercise performance for maximal muscle retention.

I think you might have misunderstood my question, I'm not worried about boosting testosterone, since I'm injecting testosterone for TRT. I was saying that I started TRT at the same time I started cutting. My weight is not going down as fast as I'd like, and I'm wondering if that's due to increased glycogen stores/muscle due to to the higher test levels from pinning.

Wondering if I just keep my calories at 2080 and assume the TRT stuff will balance out and I will start to lose more weight, or if I should eat less since I'm not losing much weight.

I recommend googling "TDEE" calculator, then finding out your stats.
So if your maintenance is HYPOTHETICALLY, 2000 calories
I'd go for 1800 which is minus 200.
I know it isn't drastic or super crazy, but I believe that while on test you're already balancing the scales around enough variables. You won't shed the weight super fast this way, but you'll run far less risks of freaking out your body. (If you're frail to drastic change)

Alternatively you could start a bit more heavy cut, but

It all depends on YOUR stats. So height, lean mass, workout intensity.
While on TRT, you will retain more muscle on a caloric deficient vs normal, but absolute normal intake will go slower than slight deficits. Alternatively, you could eat some carbs and do your normal gym routine THEN cardio enough to negate the exact amount of carbs eaten.
So eat your normal 2k
Then cardio off whatever you feel is fair.
So you're at a negative calorie count, but still got your workout at normal energy. (Not sure how this will affect your muscle growth if you care for that, but this will definitely let you crank out a workout and then cut into the eat)

When undergoing a cut, which refers to a phase of deliberate calorie restriction to reduce body fat, adjusting your caloric intake is generally a key component. However, it's important to note that I am an AI language model and not a healthcare professional. Therefore, it is advisable to consult with a qualified healthcare provider or a registered dietitian who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific needs and medical history.

Me and my friends got ours from https://worldofroids.to/. They also have this 50% off just type "DOM50". They are serving the US community for PEDS products since 2020! High quality products, deliver US wide, 4/5 Trust pilot Reviews!

Back