do u guys think maca really works

duey

awesome!!
at raising your test levels. if so when should i take it.
during my cycle or when i get off.

i used it a long time ago, but cant remember where i got it.
can anyonee help me out.

believe it or not, people seem to think it helps, not much but a little. If i were to take it, i would take it in conjuction with DHEA

It will not increase your testosterone levels....
It can improve sperm production and sperm motility...

J Endocrinol 2003 Jan;176(1):163-8 Related Articles, Links

Effect of Lepidium meyenii (Maca), a root with aphrodisiac and fertility-enhancing properties, on serum reproductive hormone levels in adult healthy men.

Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A, Gonez C.

Instituto de Investigaciones de la Altura, and Department of Biological and Physiological Sciences (Faculty of Sciences and Philosophy), Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, PO 1843, Lima, Peru.

Lepidium meyenii (Maca) is a Peruvian hypocotyl that grows exclusively between 4000 and 4500 m in the central Andes. Maca is traditionally employed in the Andean region for its supposed aphrodisiac and/or fertility-enhancing properties. This study was a 12-week double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, parallel trial in which active treatment with different doses of Maca Gelatinizada was compared with a placebo. The study aimed to test the hypothesis that Maca has no effect on serum reproductive hormone levels in apparently healthy men when administered in doses used for aphrodisiac and/or fertility-enhancing properties. Men aged between 21 and 56 Years received 1500 mg or 3000 mg Maca. Serum levels of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, prolactin, 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone, testosterone and 17-beta estradiol were measured before and at 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of treatment with placebo or Maca (1.5 g or 3.0 g per day). Data showed that compared with placebo Maca had no effect on any of the hormones studied nor did the hormones show any changes over time. Multiple regression analysis showed that serum testosterone levels were not affected by treatment with Maca at any of the times studied (P, not significant). In conclusion, treatment with Maca does not affect serum reproductive hormone levels.

------------------------------------------

Asian J Androl 2001 Dec;3(4):301-3 Related Articles, Links

Lepidium meyenii (Maca) improved semen parameters in adult men.

Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Gonzales C, Chung A, Vega K, Villena A.

Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences and Philosophy and Instituto de Investigaciones de la Altura, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru. iiad@upch.edu.pe

AIM: The present study was designed to determine the effect of a 4-month oral treatment with tablets of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on seminal analysis in nine adult normal men aged 24-44 years old. METHODS: Nine men received tablets of Maca (1500 or 3000 mg/day) for 4 months. Seminal analysis was performed according to guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO). Serum luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin (PRL), testosterone (T) and estradiol (E2) were measured before and after treatment. RESULTS: Treatment with Maca resulted in increased seminal volume, sperm count per ejaculum, motile sperm count, and sperm motility. Serum hormone levels were not modified with Maca treatment. Increase of sperm count was not related to dose of Maca. CONCLUSION: Maca improved sperm production and sperm motility by mechanisms not related to LH, FSH, PRL, T and E2.

--------------------------------------

It can also improve your sexual desire:

Andrologia 2002 Dec;34(6):367-72 Related Articles, Links

Effect of Lepidium meyenii (MACA) on sexual desire and its absent relationship with serum testosterone levels in adult healthy men.

Gonzales GF, Cordova A, Vega K, Chung A, Villena A, Gonez C, Castillo S.

Instituto de Investigaciones de la Altura, and Department of Biological and Physiological Sciences (Faculty of Sciences and Philosophy), Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru.

This study was a 12-week double blind placebo-controlled, randomized, parallel trial in which active treatment with different doses of Maca Gelatinizada was compared with placebo. The study aimed to demonstrate if effect of Maca on subjective report of sexual desire was because of effect on mood or serum testosterone levels. Men aged 21-56 years received Maca in one of two doses: 1500 mg or 3000 mg or placebo. Self-perception on sexual desire, score for Hamilton test for depression, and Hamilton test for anxiety were measured at 4, 8 and 12 weeks of treatment. An improvement in sexual desire was observed with Maca since 8 weeks of treatment. Serum testosterone and oestradiol levels were not different in men treated with Maca and in those treated with placebo (P:NS). Logistic regression analysis showed that Maca has an independent effect on sexual desire at 8 and 12 weeks of treatment, and this effect is not because of changes in either Hamilton scores for depression or anxiety or serum testosterone and oestradiol levels. In conclusion, treatment with Maca improved sexual desire.

NO, the stuff did absolutely nothing and I got mine from macasource or something like that and it was suppose to be the purest form of the maca root. Yea right, totally bogus.

Maca is a good piece to a puzzle. You need a high quality, cost effective source. www.beyond-a-century.com has great product in powder form that is dirt cheap,

I use this combo post cycle and it works!!

2 grams of Avena Sativa ED
1 gram of Tribulus ED
2 grams of Nettle Root ED
2 grams of Maca ED
3 grams on Inositol ED

This all costs me about $50 and it will last for 6 weeks. If you bought brand names it would run you $200+ for the same doses.

www.beyond-a-century.com is the best!

VitorBelfort said:
ohh thanks nautica maybe I will try that in my next movie.

Let me know when it cums out - I am sure my girl would be interested in seeing it.:p

nautica

Back