Do you snore a lot since taking up bodybuilding? Bodybuilding and Sleep Apnea

Oh one of the funny things I do is strip my pillows off their cases while asleep, lol!
And I sleep with 6 pillows. They slowly get stripped one by one over the course of a few nights. Have to constantly put them back every few days. Its weird but I only started doing this a year back or so. Anybody wanna psycho analyse this behavior? :p

Last edited:
asianlifter808 said:
5'8 and almost 300lbs!!!! I was thinking more like 6'2. Damn you are one huge dude! What's the bodyfat if you don't mind me asking?
Taking away your driver's license is drastic but I guess its a safety thing! Well good thing you insurance covers a good part of the cost of the machine. Mine doesn't :( Yep, I'm told if I can afford it CiPAP is better. But its so expensive :(
So how are you feeling now? How long have you been using the machine?
im sure some places rent cpaps just like they do wheelchairs , oxygen tanks etc.

DADAWG said:
im sure some places rent cpaps just like they do wheelchairs , oxygen tanks etc.

Renting one now but at $80 a month .... $$$! so considering buying a machine but just not sure which one yet.

asianlifter808 said:
5'8 and almost 300lbs!!!! I was thinking more like 6'2. Damn you are one huge dude! What's the bodyfat if you don't mind me asking?
Taking away your driver's license is drastic but I guess its a safety thing! Well good thing you insurance covers a good part of the cost of the machine. Mine doesn't :( Yep, I'm told if I can afford it CiPAP is better. But its so expensive :(
So how are you feeling now? Did they figure out what that 'pop' was? It doesn't sound good at all. How long have you been using the machine?

They did an EKG, my heart showed signs of stress but nobody ever told me what the pop was, the problem was fairly clear...as far as bf %, at that point I was not really training and to be honest I was holding a shitload of water, I didn't measure it.

Right now I'm about 235 at a low bf probably 10% or lower. Looking to get to 250 at 8% by the end of this cycle.

I'm feeling good now except for the fact that if the mask leaks, I will have a terrible day...It takes me 20 minutes each night just to be able to put the mask on properly, otherwise I risk being sluggish and useless the following day.

BigAndy69 said:
They did an EKG, my heart showed signs of stress but nobody ever told me what the pop was, the problem was fairly clear...as far as bf %, at that point I was not really training and to be honest I was holding a shitload of water, I didn't measure it.

Right now I'm about 235 at a low bf probably 10% or lower. Looking to get to 250 at 8% by the end of this cycle.

I'm feeling good now except for the fact that if the mask leaks, I will have a terrible day...It takes me 20 minutes each night just to be able to put the mask on properly, otherwise I risk being sluggish and useless the following day.

Yeah I went for an EKG too. Guess its a standard procedure. They also had me go for a CT brain scan just before Christmas. Haven't seen my doctor yet about the results. Wonder what they are looking for ....

235lbs at 10% is awesome. Better still 250 at 8%. I wanna get to 240lbs with 10% but got to learn more how to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) proper.
You gotta teach me how to do this right someday. I've only done one cycle but it was kinda hit and miss I think. Made some good gains but nothing really spectacular. Rookie I guess.

asianlifter808 said:
Yeah I went for an EKG too. Guess its a standard procedure. They also had me go for a CT brain scan just before Christmas. Haven't seen my doctor yet about the results. Wonder what they are looking for ....

235lbs at 10% is awesome. Better still 250 at 8%. I wanna get to 240lbs with 10% but got to learn more how to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) proper.
You gotta teach me how to do this right someday. I've only done one cycle but it was kinda hit and miss I think. Made some good gains but nothing really spectacular. Rookie I guess.

235 is actually fairly low for me, I sprained my ankle and couldn't train for a while.

Gaining mass is not all that hard, keeping it is generally harder...I cycle differently than most people with focus on a 6-7 week blitz followed by 5-6 weeks of holding on to my gains and slowly tapering off. I do this by switching my training and eating around in the different phases of my cycle.

I also start with heavy doses and gradually go down...

Currently at the tail end of my cycle, weight is about 255lbs.

I haven't been this large in a while...my ankles are killing me. lol This is probably the best cycle I have done in a long time.

Sleep has gotten worse since going over 240lbs (seems to be the cut off weight for me)

I'm going to do another bulk cycle followed by a heavy cut cycle and I will take professional pics so I can have that memory forever.

After I try to get as freaky as possible I'm probably going to give up on that look. It's just not healthy for me. I'm going to stay at 225 lbs or so.

DADAWG said:
i do the same anytime im in the high 200s or more i snore but once i get down to the mid 200s i stop snoreing .

Mid 200s? You were last there, what, when you were 12?

this is scaring me. im going to the ER i dont have insurance. i dont want to wait anymore. do they have a sleep study there?

sleep test are covered by most insurance as preventative care. I recommend everyone get one done. It's not only an experience, but informative also. Most people average height (5'9" to 6'1") that weigh more than 215lbs plus snore due to the access weight they carry. That was told to me in loose conversation by a doctor. Now imagine people (healthy or not) being 230lbs plus at average height and how severe the sleep conditions one may experience.

The extra weight can also be a factor in how productive your sleep is in resting and rejuvenation of the body. Besides the sides of cycling being an affect on sleeping, the excess weight can screw a good rest up.

Again, that being said, I recommend a sleep test.

lion, it doesnt just affect ppl with excess weight. i only weigh 175 (always around 150) and have had the same symptoms at 150 just as bad, although it might be a little worse at this weight. im 5'6" btw

Starkraven said:
lion, it doesnt just affect ppl with excess weight. i only weigh 175 (always around 150) and have had the same symptoms at 150 just as bad, although it might be a little worse at this weight. im 5'6" btw

I was referencing one specific angle of sleep/snoring and the general effectives/symptoms. Now if you like, I can post a whole string of symptoms and scenarios if you wish for peoples posts to encompass EVERY minute detail of the topic. We aim to please!

i have a consultation on the 30th. but then i gotta wait for the sleep study itself, then i gotta wait for the mask. didnt need a referral . HAHAHA YOU MOTHER FUCKIN SLIMY MEDICAL COMMUNITY MOTHER FUCKERS!! why cant someone just help me get the sleep study quick already?? a doctor didnt want to refer me for the sleep test and just prescribed me provigil. what a fuckin idiot. im about ready to KILL SOMEONE!!

Back