Do you think one of them is using gear pt. 2

I'd bury my nose so far up in that butt, she'd think I was a Golden Retriever checking her history. ;)

Damn fine woman indeed.

Or should I be more respectful to the future Mrs. Austinite? ;)

No need, they're all next ex's usually. :) - so it's all good.

THAT is "dislocation"? I haven't done it in a long time and I know I don't have that ROM, but I had something far more sinister in mind. Interesting...

Thanks for the video Dre. :bigok:

You work up to it big guy. Anything for those buttery eyes hahaha

A bit heavy in this picture, but still stunning....

Courtney-Prather-2.jpg

I'm loving your contributions here lately man. Keep 'em coming.

No need, they're all next ex's usually. :) - so it's all good.
Awwww. That wonder-doc of yours single? ;)

You work up to it big guy. Anything for those buttery eyes hahaha
Teee heeee heee, tawkin' all butterwy wutterwy for me. You snake charmer you.

Morning sluts. Doc is here, ready to play with you pervs

I need to up my game. Had an opportunity to neg rep a bot or two and you're zappin' em before I have a chance to! :spin:

Oh, and mooooooooorning. :wavey:

Awwww. That wonder-doc of yours single? ;)

Teee heeee heee, tawkin' all butterwy wutterwy for me. You snake charmer you.

I need to up my game. Had an opportunity to neg rep a bot or two and you're zappin' em before I have a chance to! :spin:

Oh, and mooooooooorning. :wavey:

I love zapping those bots. It's like a game haha

That sucks bro. What's wrong with it.

Toyota seems to have cheaped out on their legendary reliability for the 4-cyl engines for that model year.
At 80k miles give or take the piston rings and lands just seem to wear out causing increased oil consumption.
Hers is burning about 1.5 quarts every 1000 miles....
What this has done is put her car into "limp mode" so it's got no power and is limited to 35mph...

The shitty part about this whole thing is that Toyota put it plain and simple in their manual.
They consider a quart of oil disappearing every 1200 miles normal...
That's bullshit in a BIG way.

Toyota seems to have cheaped out on their legendary reliability for the 4-cyl engines for that model year.
At 80k miles give or take the piston rings and lands just seem to wear out causing increased oil consumption.
Hers is burning about 1.5 quarts every 1000 miles....
What this has done is put her car into "limp mode" so it's got no power and is limited to 35mph...

The shitty part about this whole thing is that Toyota put it plain and simple in their manual.
They consider a quart of oil disappearing every 1200 miles normal...
That's bullshit in a BIG way.

My car has burnt oil since I bought it but not that much. Maybe half a quart each oil change. That's a lot of oil to be burning.

My car has burnt oil since I bought it but not that much. Maybe half a quart each oil change. That's a lot of oil to be burning.

No kidding, if it were my Wrangler I wouldn't care as much.
I'm sure all the technology and sensors in her Rav4 won't be as tolerant of sucking oil like my Jeep is.
Thing is, I've never seen it blow blue....

My Wrangler is almost a full 10 years older with 20k more miles on it and it doesn't burn more than a half quart every 3k.

Last edited:
No kidding, if it were my Wrangler I wouldn't care as much.
I'm sure all the technology and sensors in her Rav4 won't be as tolerant of sucking oil like my Jeep is.
Thing is, I've never seen it blow blue....

My Wrangler is almost a full 10 years older with 20k more miles on it and it doesn't burn more than a half quart every 3k.

Maybe it's leaking the oil?

It might be but I doubt it would be losing that much without leaving an oil slick.
From what I've been reading it's a problem with that engine that's more common than it should be.

Could be pressurized crankcase, bad valves, bad ring lands???

Could be pressurized crankcase, bad valves, bad ring lands???

Could be a number of different things.
The reason I'm fixated on pistons is there is a TSB out there for just this problem.
The "fix' is literally rebuilding the entire bottom end and replacing all piston/ring assemblies....

Could be a number of different things.
The reason I'm fixated on pistons is there is a TSB out there for just this problem.
The "fix' is literally rebuilding the entire bottom end and replacing all piston/ring assemblies....

That's a shitload of work and machining to do

That's a shitload of work and machining to do

Agreed.
I would think it would be cheaper and less labor intensive to just replace the whole damned thing.
Not that it matters much, hers is very likely just out of warranty.

Old vehicles for the win.

Back