doctors' reactions to when you tell them you use AAS?

Goat Ass

Forum *****istrator
i am just wondering what to expect when i tell my doc i use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) at my upcoming appt (it's a physical type thing before i go to the Sudan). and yes my cycle is done before i leave for the sudan. i am telling my doc because of the blood tests. what can i expect, are docs usually cool about it or can i expect like a 45 min lecture and him to call the cops and narc on me

I'm sure he will give you a lecture, but i don't think he can call the feds due to the confidentiality.

but....i have never told my doc, so i can't say for sure

if your worried about it . then dont tell him. just tell him you have been taking over the counter supplements and would like some tests done to see if they did any damage

house1 said:
how well do you know the doc?
That's a good point and how does he communicate with you. Does he have the, I'm the Dr here you don't know anything or Does he listen to you when you have something to say about your health.

My Dr will do just about what ever I ask when it comes to test and meds, haven't ask him for juice. But he did give my first testosterone shot, when my test levels came back low.

JohnnyB

there are adv. and disadv. to telling your dr.

the biggest disadv. is if you switch dr. or try and apply for medical insurance it may be written down in your file ... but you can always tell him you want to talk to him about something off the record

like house said: how well do you know yoru dr?

My Doc's words were "Those of us in the medical profession tend to frown on athletes using steroids but I'm not going to lecture you on it". He then had a blood test done to make sure everything was okay

Why tell him at all? And WHAT tests are you taking? And if it DOES show up on a blood test...why not just tell him you are high doses of ANDOSTENODIONE and/or 1-TEST???

why in the hell everybody fear to tell the truth to the docs...the doc IS NOBODY. He is just a doc. he can recommend you, give you advices, but he's nobody to call cops or customs, whatever...I told mine that i will do a cycle in about 3 months...he told me that he desagree with that, cause science has proven that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cause a lot of side effects, some of them irreversible, etc...you know all the shit. docs only know the bad side of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) because they don't have the knowledge that we have experimenting with ourselves...they just know what they read on magazines, books, etc. even i told my dentist, because i'm on a long treatment, if i could have any problem with anesthesia while on AAS. He told me that there isn't any problem, and he told me "just let us know when you are using them and we will use another type of anesthesia just in case".

THAT'S IT!....it is your business and your space.

Why do people seem so afraid of their doctor. He is no different than your plumber, electrician, barber, ect., accept in many cases he isn't as smart as your barber. In other words he works for you! You hired him to be your doctor. If he isn't performing his duties to your satisfaction then fire him and find a different doctor. You should let your doctor know right up front that you ocasionally use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and if he has a problem with that then tell him you'll need to find a doctor who is more knowledgable and up to date on the benefits of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use.

i told the medics from my unit at my 2 week drill cause i kinda fucked myself and was hoping they had clomid, lol. all they said to me was rhode island was a good place to get pins since mass sucks, but i told em online was easier. as for docs, i got an older guy i work with on 500 mg's of test and he had a full physical and he told his doc and his doc was cool with it and said just watch the blood preasure and cholesterol levels.

bronco944 said:
i told the medics from my unit at my 2 week drill cause i kinda fucked myself and was hoping they had clomid, lol. all they said to me was rhode island was a good place to get pins since mass sucks, but i told em online was easier. as for docs, i got an older guy i work with on 500 mg's of test and he had a full physical and he told his doc and his doc was cool with it and said just watch the blood preasure and cholesterol levels.
Mass does sucks to get pinz, unless from gbi or gpz. im guessing you live in mass? shoot me a pm

no worries bro, i am in mass but i get em easy enough from either gepz or cp if im getting insulin anyways. thanks anyways though.

bronco944 said:
no worries bro, i am in mass but i get em easy enough from either gepz or cp if im getting insulin anyways. thanks anyways though.
Oh, i was just wondering where in mass you're from, wasn't going to offer anything lol

randolph, but been spendin lots of time in brighton lately. damn pussy is addicting. i go to school in boston.

I would NOT want my company provided health insurance benefit having on record from me that I used (self medicated no less) Anabolic Steriods.

Get the physical and the blood work done on the side, out of your own pocket ($$$). I just wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that some auditor at the insurance comany (they are very tight - $$$) may try to deny those tests (and make me pay out of pocket) or future medical benefits/coverage or reimbursement if the notes in my records said I used Anabolic Steriods.

Insurance companies are ALWAYS looking for ways to save money. For a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket, I would pay for my own physical and blood work and not have it on record 'officially' with my employer-provided health insurance benefit.

My advice to you would be to say NOTHING about your personal use of Anabolic Steriods. If you are going to tell the Doctor anything, tell him that you used/use over the counter Andro type products. Use Andro type products as the scapegoat. Anabolic Steriods are no joke people; they are very, very powerful!

Deepglute said:
Why do people seem so afraid of their doctor. He is no different than your plumber, electrician, barber, ect., accept in many cases he isn't as smart as your barber. In other words he works for you! You hired him to be your doctor. If he isn't performing his duties to your satisfaction then fire him and find a different doctor. You should let your doctor know right up front that you ocasionally use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and if he has a problem with that then tell him you'll need to find a doctor who is more knowledgable and up to date on the benefits of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use.

I agree that the doc is your employee; you have the right to find another if you wish. Just don't whine about having to pay for his services is he's out of network or doesn't accept your insurance. You get what you pay for.
And since we're playing "diss the doctor" here, let me remind ya'll again: next time you're injured, or feeling really shitty, or have a medical emergency... Call your barber/plumber/electrician!!
We're talking about the human body here, and your health. If you think the criterion for being a "good" doctor is that he always agrees with you, then just treat yourself, because that's what you are in effect asking for: a robot to sign prescriptions and order labs.

Back