Does anyone know the record for benching 225 lbs the most times

don't know about the 225 thing, but the olmypia is in late october!!

i heard some nfl guy did 49 reps. I can't remember who.

adam archiletta(sp?) has the best combined 40 time and 225 bench.

he ran a 4.3 40 and benched 225 31 times, that's a fast strong mutha fucka

power lifters warm up with that weight. ONe PLer that I train with personally warms up with 135 for well over 100 reps.
225 i'm sure coleman could even do more than 72. Guys a strong mofo, ever watch the unbelievable. and yes i cant spell.

getfitdoc said:
adam archiletta(sp?) has the best combined 40 time and 225 bench.

he ran a 4.3 40 and benched 225 31 times, that's a fast strong mutha fucka

when he benches he brings it to the top and just drops the weight and catches it before it hits his chest.

phil farmer hit 315 for 49 reps and racked it. he had more left but stopped there. he does sets of 20 with 405. no spot. he als has a 655 raw bench to his credit. squats over 8 and pulls 8 raw as well. 605 raw for a set of 20 on squats too. no spot. world record holder PLer turned body builder. he has also done some strong man events.

I don't know how many reps is the most ever done but I was just thinking about the 225 bench yesterday watching the pro-bowl star challenge. I was wondering if anyone knew why the NFL uses 225 as a standard. I mean it doesn't really relate to football when someone benches 225 30+ times in a row. Most plays last 20-30 seconds if that football players train for immediate and explosive power.

I saw a replay of the NFL strongman comp you mentioned (how many 225 benches you could do in 30 secs). It was bogus since the guys weren't doing legit "FULL" reps. Most were quick 75% lifts at best. Granted they were strong guys, but those that did 30+ would likely have got 25 reps max if they only counted chest-to-full-lockout reps.

B-

bula said:
I saw a replay of the NFL strongman comp you mentioned (how many 225 benches you could do in 30 secs). It was bogus since the guys weren't doing legit "FULL" reps. Most were quick 75% lifts at best. Granted they were strong guys, but those that did 30+ would likely have got 25 reps max if they only counted chest-to-full-lockout reps.

B-
Dont tell me you do bench to ful lockout. You're supposed to stop just short of that.

Back