Does anyone know the record for benching 225 lbs the most times.

Mudge said:
I was 251.5 yesterday, even double would be quite a feat. I'm 6'2", I wont look good till I hit 280-300.

I'm with you Mudge, I'm 6'5" 265 (was at 275) and even at my strongest, doubling would be impossible. Damn Eastarr, over double?? Nice work bro, must be those close grip declines, LOL.

real hard at 6'1-230 to double my weight. 405 is my personal best and that hurts like a mf when I try it. The only way I get stronger is by gaining weight--i will never double up.

The record for the college combine test is 49 times and it was by an offensive lineman from from UTEP. (No wonder UTEP is about 30 seconds from all the glorious pharmacia's in juarez.) I am going to try and break this record March 7th for the combine. My previous record is 46.

'tensity said:
I'm with you Mudge, I'm 6'5" 265 (was at 275) and even at my strongest, doubling would be impossible. Damn Eastarr, over double?? Nice work bro, must be those close grip declines, LOL.

Benching was never my strong suit either, wether my 80" reach or what I can't say, but I was benching 265 when I started my first cycle around 215 pounds. I guess though I could say its a decent movement for me now, I can put up 315x6 on a good day, I dont max, no training partner/spotter anyway. I would love some 4 plate action, I should be there someday soon.

I just looked through the archives of the greatest powerlifters ever and found who holds the record and it's no surprise! ITS THIS GUY!!!!

Back